+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Few questions from a Prot Warrior.

Few questions from a Prot Warrior.

First thing is first. What addons are used by other prot warriors? Currently, I have DBM, Icehud (for aesthetics), OmniCC, and MSBT. What are some "needed" and "recommended" addons you guys use/suggest using?

Second thing. I'm at a little bit of a wall. I'm unsure as to whether I should go for avoidance, or hit/exp cap. I don't really have an issue holding threat or dying often, I'm just looking for ways to improve.

Here's my armory. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/cenarion-circle/Ltranger/simple

L
    astly, how are you guys doing for rage gen? If I use SB, I'm unable to use another for roughly 6-12 seconds before I have enough rage. The past few days I've gotten better with it, and I've had more rage to play with, but it's difficult. My rotation if you will, is Dev, SS, Rev, Shockwave, TC, Dev, then refresh debuffs, and hit HS/SS/Rev when I get procs. Any suggestions on what I could do to get more rage quicker? And no, I don't have any logs.

Sorry for the facepalm questions, I quit playing when I was in basic and then picked it back up two or three weeks ago. Thanks for all the help guys/girls.

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...-Warrior-Guide

addons you might consider: Tidy Plates
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Firstly DBM, NeedToKnow, TidyPlates, Omen, WeakAuras.

Secondly Cap hit and expertise it has nothing to do with threat, its to do with active mitigation.

Lastly, Rage gen is fine, you're isn't becuase you're not hit/exp capped and your rotation very off. the basic priority is SS>Rev>Dev. if you ever delay and SS you're gimping your rage gen and thus survivability. Tankspot currently has a rather nifty guide for prot warriors (link in sig)
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Also, avoidance is bad, mmmkaayyyyy.

Srsly, Hit/Exp to cap > Mastery/Stam >> Avoidance
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

It's not bad, its just not as good as all the others.

It's gets one of those participation trophies.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Thanks for the quick replies. I've downloaded the addons suggested, and I'm going to try them out in a little bit. Should be interesting seeing as how I just got off work. I'll take a look at that guide as well.

+ Reply to Thread