+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Should I regem for expertise?

Should I regem for expertise?

I'm tanking 10 man normal Throne of Thunder at the time and we just downed the 3rd boss tonight. I've read that 15% expertise is nice to have if you don't have to sacrifice too much of others stats to get there. Since I've been out of the game for quite some time I'm very uncertain on the road further for my gearing and thus I would like some advice on what to do with my gemming and reforging.

My armory profile: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tchin/advanced

So should I regem everything into expertise to reach 15%?
    Should I reforge to get more expertise?

Any advice is most apriciated!
    "We have two ears and one mouth for a reason." - Buddhist belief.

you definitely have the ilevel to reforge to 15% expertise without moving gems around. Look at Tengenstein's guide here on tankspot for more info, but basically the stat priorities go like this:

Hit to 7.5% = Expertise to 15% > Mastery = Stam >> Parry=Dodge

So hit and expertise are most important, after that mastery and stam have roughly equal value and it is preferential. It's better to reforge expertise instead of gem it because you can't reforge stamina, so by putting in expertise gems you're limiting yourself. So reforge first, gem exp after that only if necessary.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Re: Should I regem for expertise?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    you definitely have the ilevel to reforge to 15% expertise without moving gems around. Look at Tengenstein's guide here on tankspot for more info, but basically the stat priorities go like this:

Hit to 7.5% = Expertise to 15% > Mastery = Stam >> Parry=Dodge

So hit and expertise are most important, after that mastery and stam have roughly equal value and it is preferential. It's better to reforge expertise instead of gem it because you can't reforge stamina, so by putting in expertise gems you're limiting yourself. So reforge first, gem exp after that only if necessary.
    The parry=dodge is wrong. You want 2-3 times as much parry than dodge because of diminishing returns for dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltranger View Post
    The parry=dodge is wrong. You want 2-3 times as much parry than dodge because of diminishing returns for dodge.
    You get all the extra parry you could want from strength.

And they're both basically worthless anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

Quote Originally Posted by Ltranger View Post
    I have 5 times as much dodge rating (596) as I do parry (120), yet my parry chance is about 4 times as high as my dodge chance (~19% to ~5.7%). This is because of the strength to parry conversion.

Balancing Parry/Dodge DRs is of little concern this expansion.

The only time warriors care about their dodge parry ration is if they have a piece e of gear with identical amounts of dodge and parry on it, otherwise you'd either just reforge the larger of the two to mastery, or reforge whichever got you closest to the hit or exp cap. and that 2-3x figure is for percentages; the stat weights will fluctuate rather wildly parry rating does not have 2-3x the stat weight of dodge rating, precisely because about 4/5ths of our parry % comes form strength (and this fraction will only get bigger as we gear up).
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    The only time warriors care about their dodge parry ration is if they have a piece e of gear with identical amounts of dodge and parry on it, otherwise you'd either just reforge the larger of the two to mastery, or reforge whichever got you closest to the hit or exp cap. and that 2-3x figure is for percentages; the stat weights will fluctuate rather wildly parry rating does not have 2-3x the stat weight of dodge rating, precisely because about 4/5ths of our parry % comes form strength (and this fraction will only get bigger as we gear up).
    Isn't it closer to 97% with blessing of kings? Or am I getting confused because it is 3:46 am and I really should be in bed because I get up in 5 hours time?

i have like 12k strength and 3k parry rating buffed, assuming a 1:1 strarry conversion 4/5sth of my parry chance is coming from str. well thats a little off i get like 3% or something from passives.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

ya, what that equals sign means is "parry is equally as worthless as dodge"
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Awesome advice from awesome people, thank you!
    "We have two ears and one mouth for a reason." - Buddhist belief.

+ Reply to Thread