+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem tanking adds at horridon

Problem tanking adds at horridon

Just like the guy in this thread:
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?80891-Horridon-10-Normal-threat-problem-(Paladin)

I
    am having issues tanking the adds on horridon.
    Whenever its my turn to take the adds, I take most of them, lose aggro, they go around hitting people and so on.
    I also have issues sometime holding aggro on other bosses.

This is my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Nevzad/advanced

T
    hanks

If you're going to get that much hit and exp, you might aswell go the whole hog and get 7.5% on each. this should make holding aggro a lot easier since Outbreak, Bloodboil, Deathstrike and Runestrike will never fail to connect. I like roiling blood for this fight as it allows alot easier disease managment on the adds, I can outbreak the first set to spawn (or horridon, if he's held close to the adds) and then basically keep them up on everything via crimson scourge procs.

Does your group have a specified kill order or is it just a free for all on the adds?are they grouping up for heals or are they spread all over the place? are they running to the tank when they get aggro?
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    If you're going to get that much hit and exp, you might aswell go the whole hog and get 7.5% on each. this should make holding aggro a lot easier since Outbreak, Bloodboil, Deathstrike and Runestrike will never fail to connect. I like roiling blood for this fight as it allows alot easier disease managment on the adds, I can outbreak the first set to spawn (or horridon, if he's held close to the adds) and then basically keep them up on everything via crimson scourge procs.

Does your group have a specified kill order or is it just a free for all on the adds?are they grouping up for heals or are they spread all over the place? are they running to the tank when they get aggro?
    Well, this was last time I did it, I reforged and changed my stats alot since then, and when we did it that time, no one was stacking, everyone was spread out and whatsoever.

But what build should I got for do you think?
    Avoidance, mastery or exp/hit as a blood dk?

If you're having survivabilty problems Mastery avoidance, if you're having aggro/DPS problems hit/exp.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Here are a couple of things that might help you with Horridon.
    As A DK Tank myself I sympathies with the AoE tanking for the fight. I will tell you that much depends on the DPS and Healers being smart with positioning and moving toward you when they get agro. Having said this here are a few things I do to make the fight easier.
    We have similar gear and I did go Hit/Exp for my build. I use these abilities for the following reasons.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...bonez/advanced
    Tier one Rolling Blood = Takes the place of Pestilence as I use Blood Boil to spread my diseases. I know a glyph can add 5 yards to my range with Pestilence however using Blood Boil also does damage on top of my spreading diseases and I want maximum threat as quickly as possible.
    Tier three Chilblains = Hoping to slow down the adds but I really do not think it effects them
    Tier six Gorefiends’s Grasp = use this to pick up the lesser adds as it will not work on the big guys. Sadly one min CD
    I normally Tank Doors 1 and 3 and the Bear tanks the other two. The door with the most problems is 3, as the smaller adds have little or no agro table. I have found that I can use my Army of the dead to pick up the majority of adds on that door as I deal with focusing down the Larger more problematic ones. It also helps that the DPS moves with you to avoid the frost as well as they focus targets as you go.
    One more helpful hint I have found is to make sure the Boss tank is not near any of the drop locations for the adds jumping down. As if a Healer or a Tank or DPS is close the Mob will naturally focus that individual making it difficult for you to run back and forth. Stacking is the key as the adds will want to come to your group.
    I hope this helps and I am always interested in any input on Blood Tanking
    Jawbonez

I just tried doing it again, and it fucking sucked.
    I lost aggro all the time and it was just not going well at all

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    You didn't really answer this question, and I think it's fairly important.

The little fella's that spawn through the door, I wouldn't lose much sleep over if they aren't fully tanked. What matters much more are the 'elite' type adds that jump down. I think it's important that you have a clear kill order for them - it helps the tanks and the dps to know the order and makes the whole process slicker. For us, it's like this:
    - the first elite always jump down in the middle of door area. It's picked up and dragged to the right (as you face the door)
    - the second and third elites spawn to the left and right (at the same time). Since you dragged the first one to the right, you are perfectly placed to pick up one of them. Have the other one misdirected to you (if you have a hunter/rogue) or otherwise work out how you'll get agro on it, but while dps are focussing on finishing the first and starting on the one that spawned by it.
    - the position of the dinomancer varies, but you should have decent threat on the other adds at this point so you can move to pick him up.

I use death and decay for the second wave of elite adds. Make sure you have diseases on everything, I'll agree with everyone else in saying roiling blood is best here. I would also suggest you try out glyph of outbreak. You might not like it, it takes a bit of getting used to, but I've come to quite like it after having similar threat type issues with bats at tortos. I like knowing that you can always outbreak->bloodboil provided you've saved up a bit of RP.

+ Reply to Thread