+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PST - Episode 120

PST - Episode 120

This week:
    0:17 - Will we see more items like the two-handed spellpower mace in the future?
    5:01 - How can Blizzard spice up farm nights some more?
    10:59 - What can I do to entice recruits to join my guild on a less-popular server?
    16:53 - Are scenarios working out well as a storytelling mechanism?
    19:21 - Could we see any of the existing races available cross-faction in the future?
    23:18 - Does it take too much work to catch up on the legendary quest chain?
    27:51 - Is Heroic Lei Shen at risk of having the same issue as Heroic Ragnaros?
    36:21 - What was your favorite WoW April Fools' joke of all time?
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Hey, ya finally took one of my questions ^.^

Didn't really think about it in some of the ways you did, though the gearing up part had occured to me but I didn't think of it as a big deal. If its farm content anyway I don't see giving a small chance of making RNG align better for your raid (especially so on 10-mans) as a huge deal for balance.

Though I probably should've included something along the lines of a stipulation that it'd be an 'in-between patch' kinda thing, to go along with Item Upgrades.

Interesting rants as always, Lore.

How about a new type of "heroic" dungeon. let them be puggable, but they have heroic level gear that is "Spell Plate", "intellect Fists" and such........ It would give the shamans, paladins and other quirky classes a place to get some of that unusual gear without clogging the tables. Have those dungeons attached to quests so that vanilla classes would be willing to run to get the loremaster and other achievements........

For any horde race to change sides as a race, there would have to be a long term shift that would pull the race to the other faction, push them from the current faction AND a crisis to bring the issues to a point to make the decision. When you look at history for this sort of stuff there are usually 2 long term items PLUS a crisis to make things shift.......

What does PST stand for?
    I've always wondered but never though about asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Pnukup View Post
    What does PST stand for?
    Please Send Tell i believe

The problem with the answer to the question about recruiting on low pop realms is that you're not really addressing the issue there. And I can't really blame you cause it's hard to understand what it is like on realms like that.

My realm eg. has 3 10 man raiding guilds, 2 horde, 1 alliance. One is working on heroic horridon, the rest is half way through normal.
    You will not find pots, flasks or herbs on the AH. this is something that will need to be farmed on your own. Things like this is what make servers unattractive, I am not sure if 'we are a fun bunch of people' is enough to overcome that :/

Yeah on the issue of low pop server's and recruiting, lore not seem mean at all but if you think eredar is a low pop server i would love to see what you think of mine. I'm almost in the same boat as thustra in that we have 3 10 man raiding guilds 2 horde 1 alliance. However the most progressed guild at the moment is only 10/12 normal and the other two are about halfway through normals. We didn't get a realm first heroic will of the emperors kill untill 2 weeks before 5.2 either. Recruiting off server for us is near impossible, we have only been able to get a few friends of people in our guild to join us and recruiting from our server yields extremely unskilled individuals if anyone at all.

I actually laughed quite hard when you said eredar only has a "few" 25 man guilds, i've only been playing on quel'dorei since MoP launched but to the best of my knowledge there hasn't been a 25 man guild on it since early firelands.

Another thing you can try is to train people into raiding. Especially when there are not many apply`s or your requirements are to high to join your raid team. Try to look for players that you can teach to raid in YOUR team. Your standards, rules etc are new (cause they never joined a team) for them and they pick it up faster (or in your way of raiding) sometimes. Everything you say and teach to them will be their first experience in raiding. They cant compare that to other guilds and other raid teams they have been in. Later on they can be good raiders with your style, your thoughts etc. It maybe takes more time and attention then a recruit that knows how to raid. But it can be a option for you, good luck

what about giving lesser charms for timed raids?

My favourite april fool's joke of all time?

The fake patch notes. They were hilarious

Also. I completely concur on the whole 60K valor thing.. For me I got to that step AFTER I got all the things I needed from LFR and most of the stuff I wanted to bother buying was already bought, so those weeks of farming 60K valor is (yes I am not done until this week is over) is just mind numbingly annoying

Sometimes I thing Lore is biased towards what he cares, that is raiding. Blizzard can't ask 10k gold (that come like nothing if you play the game) or cap 6 weeks VP (that you do like nothing if you put 2 hours after raiding). I really see this requirements as opportunities to do other things in the game that I won't be interested if I they didn't have a power-increase reward at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Thustra View Post
    My realm eg. has 3 10 man raiding guilds, 2 horde, 1 alliance. One is working on heroic horridon, the rest is half way through normal.
    You will not find pots, flasks or herbs on the AH. this is something that will need to be farmed on your own. Things like this is what make servers unattractive, I am not sure if 'we are a fun bunch of people' is enough to overcome that :/
    I farm all of those myself anyway

Quote Originally Posted by eald View Post
    Sometimes I thing Lore is biased towards what he cares, that is raiding. Blizzard can't ask 10k gold (that come like nothing if you play the game) or cap 6 weeks VP (that you do like nothing if you put 2 hours after raiding). I really see this requirements as opportunities to do other things in the game that I won't be interested if I they didn't have a power-increase reward at the end
    I have no idea what you're trying to say

Quote Originally Posted by Thustra View Post
    The problem with the answer to the question about recruiting on low pop realms is that you're not really addressing the issue there. And I can't really blame you cause it's hard to understand what it is like on realms like that.

I have enough potions and flasks for the next 4 weeks raiding and mats for another 3 months on my bank alt and haven't picked a flower in months. Warbringers, Scouts and the Farm removed the need to farm materials, and the former also removed the need to do dailies for old reputation factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    I farm all of those myself anyway
    Not everyone wants to do that though, I know I don't. I'm maybe friendly with the tillers and don't have any alts leveled up to do other gathering professions. You can't really deny that such a low population density where you can't buy the most common of goods off the AH is somewhat of a deterrent to transferring to that server to raid, making it very hard to recruit if need be.

And this is just one of the many hurdles low-pop servers have to face. Another one is "okay there's 1 guild here doing what I want to do, what happens if that doesn't pan out? Then I have to pay another 25 dollars to transfer off again".

I agree that SOME things can be overcome, and maybe if your guild farms all those mats for those people it's possible, but let's face it, people see "The Scryers" and get depressed, they see "Illidan" and get excited.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    I have no idea what you're trying to say
    If you do other things in game different than raiding, maybe just because you need to do it, when you need to buy your second legendary gem you look at your bags and there is enough gold to buy it, if not you can try to play the game to get it, same thing with capping VP 6 weeks, if you are trying to catch up and you are not capping 6 weeks VP just, I'm not sure that you are really trying.

About recruiting in low pop servers, this come from someone uninformed about how the low-population players think.

Maybe you shouldn't target the general raider population but people from other low pop servers. Maybe you want to track the raiding guilds that disbanded in any of the low-pop servers and try to track those players. I'm not sure that in the heat of the moment, but, I've read from players (in the official forums) that while ranting about things like CRZ, claim that they prefer low population servers. If those exists, is Tommygun one that likes this kind of server? In that case maybe he has more answers in the sense that he knows why he likes that kind of environment and he can try to target players with the same profile.

Quote Originally Posted by eald View Post
    If you do other things in game different than raiding, maybe just because you need to do it, when you need to buy your second legendary gem you look at your bags and there is enough gold to buy it, if not you can try to play the game to get it, same thing with capping VP 6 weeks, if you are trying to catch up and you are not capping 6 weeks VP just, I'm not sure that you are really trying.
    I still have no idea what you're trying to say. Because I don't like a "wait 6 weeks" step of a quest chain I'm biased against anything that isn't raiding?

I think he's saying that if you raid you'll do things that you wouldn't normally do (that are involved with the quest chain) and those things will generate enough money to pay for an extra gem. And if you're complaining about having to valor cap every week or not having enough gold that you're not really trying and shouldn't be a hardcore raider...

or... something...

I think that's what I'm taking from it.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

+ Reply to Thread