+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot Paladin Gems/Enchants

Prot Paladin Gems/Enchants

Hello,
    I know this has been discussed a lot but I juts dont get to find an answer to my worries. Basically I would like to know how much stamina is enough, or what is its value over mastery/haste (Im using the control/haste build). I am basically gemming haste/stamina and several stamina enchants too. I was wondering if any fellow prot paladin with more experience than me would mind checking my armory (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%AFx/advanced) and tell me if this gem startegy is not the best, and what would that be. I would like more haste but Im afraid that doing so I will reduce drastically my health pool or reduce my mastery by changing to a stamina trinket. I would appreciate a lot your responses as soon as possible.

Thank you very much!

Tools such as askmrrobot recommend to gem pure stamina, should I listen to it?

Askmrrobot's palatank weights are based on Theck's preferences - he sees stamina as the top survival stat, as explained in a recent Sacred Duty blog. However, he raids 25 man heroic, so your mileage may differ.

One point to note is that stamina is "cheaper" via trinkets than gems - you get double the amount of secondary stats on gems compared to other items. So if you want to go haste, changing your gems might be the way to go and maybe have a couple of stamina trinkets in your bags for fights where you feel you need more health.

Maybe not how large of a healthpool is enough, but how much is too few stamina? If I equip a 489 Trinket and go full haste for gems I may be balanced until that trinket is replaced. How much haste would compensate the lack of stamina or mastery? So my main concern is how can I be sure that Im not lacking too much from any x or y stat.
    Im sorry for the excess on questions but this has been haunting me for a while. Haha. Again, thank you for your previous answer.

"Larger health pool VS more damage mitigated" is a timeless tanking discussion in WoW. There just isn't any one "right" answer. There are plenty of wrong ones, but that's not really pertinent to this discussion now is it? Oh dear, I would appear to be ramble-y tonight...
    Anyway, as I was saying, it's something that tanks have theorized/discussed/argued/coin-flipped about since tanking was a thing. To really know which will be most beneficial to you at any given gear level against any given boss, you really just have to understand the pros and cons of each, and make an informed decision.

Now, all of that said, I would highly recommend checking out this thread from earlier in the expansion. Halfway through the second page it went off on some slightly un-related side tangent, but there were some incredibly valid points made before that happened that are worth reading through:

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...enough-Stamina

I know that's quite a bit to read through, but it can be a rather in depth topic IMO....

Thank you very much for your answer and the link. I decided to bring stamina and a mastery trink to next raid and ask my healers their thoughts about it.
    Fetzie, I am raiding 10 man.

Then concentrate on haste. It increases your DPS, your ShoR uptime, the frequency of absorbs from Sacred Shield and your raid-healing from Glyph of the Battle Healer.

If you are dying to random spike damage, you need more stamina.

You raid ten mans, so don't go off my Armory. Tank damage is much lower on 10 man than on 25 man, the stamina on your gear is generally enough.
    Last edited by Fetzie; 03-31-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Tyvm! I apreciate it!
    Have a nice day

+ Reply to Thread