+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PST - Episode 119

PST - Episode 119

This week:
    0:51 - Where could the next expansion take place?
    4:17 - Could we see a raid that requires Horde and Alliance to work together?
    7:53 - Is tri-spec the secret unannounced feature Ghostcrawler mentioned?
    13:17 - How is Thunderforged gear working out?
    17:27 - What's a good loot system for a 10-man guild?
    23:01 - Should WoW adopt a fully currency-based loot system?
    30:45 - Can a "normal" player ever hope to be as good as the top raiders?
    36:43 - Does the "overall" world first ranking matter?
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Reading forum posts on the possible tri-spec and seeing the amount of people that are against it kind of validates it *possibly* being the feature Ghostcrawler alluded to.

The one benefit of a currency-based system is that for once I might get my shield upgrade during the tier for which it's intended, rather than coming back and farming for it two or three tiers later like usual. I'm snakebit when it comes to getting certain core pieces, tier after tier after tier.

I'd be totally cool with maintaining random loot as the primary system, while adding currency-based acquisition for the consolation prizes - say for instance failbags give you currency that after X# drops you can buy any regular (non-legendary) loot table item or something like that - you'd need to build up a record of failure but it'd at least comfort edge-case people like me.

or make the currency so rare/low that you'd only be able to purchase a couple of items per tier.

I would be in the "wait, that's it?" category if the big game-changer were tri-spec (it probably isn't). I play a elemental/resto shaman as my main in Mists, and it's hard enough keeping reasonable gear sets for just those two specs, since there isn't any spare valor to spend. My enh spec wouldn't get any use. My second raid-geared player is a warlock, but I barely even use dual-spec on him, since I don't play him often enough to keep two specs in my muscle memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I would be in the "wait, that's it?" category if the big game-changer were tri-spec (it probably isn't). I play a elemental/resto shaman as my main in Mists, and it's hard enough keeping reasonable gear sets for just those two specs, since there isn't any spare valor to spend. My enh spec wouldn't get any use. My second raid-geared player is a warlock, but I barely even use dual-spec on him, since I don't play him often enough to keep two specs in my muscle memory.
    A game changer would be that you could use the same gear with every spec, like passives that change intellect for agility in your shaman. But it is too complex to become reality, and I really think that GC was talking about old content.

Lol can imagine Blood Legion with an LFR alliance group if they did have a shared raid like that, they should definitely turn pvp on in there, so that if its the other team's fault, you can just have a pvp war in the instance.

I wouldn't be surprised if the big special feature is to do with pet battles tbh.
    Last edited by doom1992; 03-29-2013 at 04:10 AM.
    Arms DPS main spec // Prot warrior tank off-spec

Quote Originally Posted by Theliana View Post
    or make the currency so rare/low that you'd only be able to purchase a couple of items per tier.
    Or make it so that you are flooded with VP compared to the amount of stuff you can actually spend them on like in 5.2 >.>

In two weeks time, there will be literally nothing I could want from the VP vendor (no, I'm not making a holy spec) and I will be capped at 3000 points with another week or two of rep to be earned before I reach the next items (that I might not even need, as it is only a chestplate, and I want the T15 one).

I really don't see tri-spec fitting the criteria for the unannounced gamechanger. It's certainly handy, I'd love it, some people would say "Is that it?", but it's not a gamechanger really, especially not THE biggest gamechanger in MOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    In two weeks time, there will be literally nothing I could want from the VP vendor (no, I'm not making a holy spec) and I will be capped at 3000 points with another week or two of rep to be earned before I reach the next items (that I might not even need, as it is only a chestplate, and I want the T15 one).
    I'm already at that point, I can buy some bracers that are a sidegrade, that's it.

Correction: it was Ner'zhul that blew up Draenor. Gul'dan sorta took the Horde over from Ner'zhul and cast him aside. It was during Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness, when Gul'dan took a part of the Horde and went to the Tomb of Sargeras - and died. That was when the Alliance crushed the Horde and forced them back to Draenor, where Ner'zhul was contacted by Kil'jaeden, rose, and retook control of the Horde, re-opened the Dark Portal, stole a bunch of magical Azeroth artifacts, then started opening portals to other worlds at the top of Black Temple (and then tore the world apart). Draenor turns to Outland, Kil'jaeden takes Ner'zhul's spirit and makes him the Lich King in Azeroth.

Also, I believe one of the other devs (after GC made his comment about the unannounced feature) that the feature would bring a lot more content to the game for people to do. I don't see Tri-Spec bringing "content for people to do" to the game. It's just a feature for convenience. However, on the discussion of Tri-spec being in 5.3, GC did tweet this..."Just an experiment. You can datamine a lot that may not come to pass anytime soon (e.g. Defense of the Alehouse)."
    Last edited by Ganrokh; 03-30-2013 at 12:53 PM.

Not to be rude, but did you all of sudden get drunk when you tried to explain suicide kings?
    here is an easy way of doing it: http://www.wowwiki.com/Suicide_Kings

Of the "World First" races. Does any of this mid card content even really count? Or more so "Should" it even count? Should the only real "World First" of any expansion be the very first heroic killing of the final boss?

I mean Method and Paragon have been around and out there for awhile but wasn't it some unheard of guild that got the first tier 14 heroic kill? (don't remember the name anymore) So if Method or Paragon DON'T get Garrosh down first and it goes to some other unknown guild (or another famous guild that just keeps missing the mark this time around) Does that diminish their standings? "I mean yea sure you killed Heroic Thunder King first but, You didn't get Garrosh down before guild "X" did so you're really not the #1 guild anymore" type of thing?

Just kind of seems to me these mid card boss's shouldn't get much hype about "world first" in the scheme of the expansion they just won't mean as much as Garrosh will.

+ Reply to Thread