+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PST - Episode 118

PST - Episode 118

This week:
    0:22 - Should the Green Fire scenario be scaled with gear?
    8:30 - Are players too obsessed with efficiency these days?
    15:29 - How will Blizzard adapt the new talent system in future expansions?
    20:01 - Why can't I quit you, World of Warcraft?
    25:50 - Will the next expansion have a new race or class added?
    35:05 - Any tips for using loot council effectively?
    43:24 - What is it that makes good players good?
    49:23 - How do you feel about the difficulty tuning in Throne of Thunder normal modes?
    Last edited by Lore; 03-21-2013 at 01:16 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

About the new faction. I don't think that the are going to do that in wow, both for the sake of argument: They don't really need to do 90 levels of content, then can make the new faction different in the way that you need to kill a champion from Azeroth to become the new "demon", maybe you need another level 90, and in the process he is dead OR something less disruptive like making a starting zone at level 80 and you learn spells like crazy during 10 levels to catchup with the other factions.
    Last edited by eald; 03-21-2013 at 03:13 AM.

New race: Murloc

New class: Oracle

Also, I don't think a 3rd faction is at all possible. For one, what happens on well established realms with a large player base? You have 55% horde, 44% alliance and 1% burning legion? Wouldn't work, they would have to make it available only on entirely new realms. I think world of warcraft is too old for a 3rd faction now.
    Last edited by doom1992; 03-21-2013 at 03:59 AM.
    Arms DPS main spec // Prot warrior tank off-spec

Lore,

You said in the first question that top guilds like Method etc run a lot of tier content on alts so they can funnel gear to their progression mains. Am I missing something here? Every time I get a piece of gear in LFR that my other cloth wearers can wear it is always soulbound so I cannot transfer it. Something different on normal/heroics perhaps?
    Last edited by Hega; 03-21-2013 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hega View Post
    Lore,

You said in the first question that top guilds like Method etc run a lot of tier content on alts so they can funnel gear to their progression mains. Am I missing something here? Every time I get a piece of gear in LFR that my other cloth wearers can wear it is always soulbound so I cannot transfer it. Something different on normal/heroics perhaps?
    1st week: normals, with 5-6 mains in a 25, if anything is worth for main, they get the loot
    2nd progression
    After tier is clear, every week: Farm Heroic like the first week. They clear heroic tier multiple times per week, so they have as much gear as possible for the next race.

Sinusoidal is the kind of function you're describing as having peaks & valleys.

Sinusoidal sounds like my nose trying to kill itself.

Death Knight talents go 56, 57, 58, 60, 75, 90.

Blizzard doesn't have to make talents every 15 levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    Sinusoidal sounds like my nose trying to kill itself.
    Oscillating would be a more nasal friendly description.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    Oscillating would be a more nasal friendly description.
    While the term 'oscillating' would indicate a broader range of signals "that go up and down" as Lore so eloquently put it, oscillating also means going from one end to the other and back as fast as possible.
    A more correct term would be 'fluctuating', as in: It's curve is not a straight line, but constantly and unpredictably changes within a certain margin around that line.

And that concludes today's lesson on the English language, next up: three weeks of Chinese!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Does that mean i have to hide my forsaken's knees?
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hega View Post
    Lore,You said in the first question that top guilds like Method etc run a lot of tier content on alts so they can funnel gear to their progression mains. Am I missing something here? Every time I get a piece of gear in LFR that my other cloth wearers can wear it is always soulbound so I cannot transfer it. Something different on normal/heroics perhaps?
    For clarification Hega: LFR and normal raids loot does function differently. The loot drops off the bosses and can go to any player but in LFR the loot is per person not per raid.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Right. So they bring in, just as an example, maybe 2-3 mains for each tier token, and fill the rest of the raid with alts. Any loot that drops goes to the mains. Then they'll clear the instance again with another group of mains and alts. This way the mains get basically everything that drops, and they can effectively be geared as though they've been farming for several weeks already.

on 10 man currently the progression rises as you progress through throne (at least at the beginning) Jin'rokh is faceroll, Horridon is fairly easy, Council is a dick and Tortos is quite hard. (but that might be because snapping bite does not function properly on druid tanks currently)

I understand how it works now.

+ Reply to Thread