+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Horridon 10 Normal threat problem (Paladin)

Horridon 10 Normal threat problem (Paladin)

hi guyz,

I got a little big problem, when im tanking boss everything is fine but when im on adds im having problems with getting aggro on then (vengence its like 20k), mostly melee make a big burst dmg.

- Its gear or rotation problem?
    - How u Paladins feel about this fight?

link to my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...haander/simple

Thank you in advance

Some of the adds cannot be tanked. However, I am not sure which these are as I usually tank the boss. You could try glyphing Consecrate so that you can place it at the spawn points of the adds, and maybe take the boss until the first adds spawn which will give you a nice amount of Vengeance to pick up the first wave.

Nontauntable adds are on 3rd gate, but im having issue with 1,2,4 gate. Well taking aggro on boss untill first wave come only partialy sloves problem. Glyphed concentration isnt rly good idea it makes loose like 1s for clicking somewere.

Well i just wanted to know ur way to do this best

Similar problem i had on heroic spirit kings - 1st boss hits rly low on tank so i often loose aggro when i wasnt able to do significant dps on boss while flaning orders

I would think that avengers shield would pretty much take care of it for you. Why is consecration a bad idea? I don't really understand your reasoning. Do your DPS FF main targets and cleave off of it or is it pretty much a free-for-all.

I will say regardless of these steps this boss is tricky.

Now... I will also say, when you say "clicking somewhere" what exactly do you mean by that? Did you click your abilities instead of using keybinds.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Now... I will also say, when you say "clicking somewhere" what exactly do you mean by that? Did you click your abilities instead of using keybinds.
    He means that glyphed consecrate is a targeted ability so you need to click to drop it.

But you can always move your mouse to where you'll roughly want it placed before you cast consecrate, you should be able to drop it in 0.2s after the GCD comes off.
    If you had problems on Spirit Kings as well, I think it might have something to do with your rotation that you're not performing as well as you should/could.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

I mostly use this rotation:

CS(HoTr)-J-AS-Cons-HW

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    I would think that avengers shield would pretty much take care of it for you. Why is consecration a bad idea? I don't really understand your reasoning. Do your DPS FF main targets and cleave off of it or is it pretty much a free-for-all.

I will say regardless of these steps this boss is tricky.

Glyphed consecrate is placed like death and decay or rain of fire.

With hammer of light now generating threat on the paladin one can now have two placed threat generators while standing elsewhere (consecrate can have 100% uptime).

Quote Originally Posted by Drac0 View Post
    I mostly use this rotation:

CS(HoTr)-J-AS-Cons-HW
    That sounds more like a single target priority list. For AOE, I'd be inclined to bump up AS and Cons, and ofc never use CS on multi-targets. Theck has crunched the numbers on maintankadin.com and concludes:

Quote Originally Posted by Theck
    "When there's only 2-4 targets, HotR>AS>Cons>J>HW is the best DPS strategy by a hair. The Consecration nerf this patch devalued Cons slightly in these scenarios, and higher AS availability in AoE thanks to the new Grand Crusader has buffed AS. However, once you get to 5+ targets, Cons uniformly pulls ahead and HotR>Cons>AS>J>HW takes over. It doesn't matter whether you finish the queue with J>HW or HW>J, as the two don't end up clashing significantly."

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=718670#p718670

I confess I haven't tanked Horridon yet, but in messy AOE situations, I taunt strays a lot.

Do you use the add-ons threatplates + tidyplates? They can make it much easier to see which mobs are loose.

i will check this rotation

Btw - which Consecration nerf you are talking about?

Consecrations base damage was buffed, but it's scaling was nerfed to compensate. The result was much better threat at low vengeance levels but a relative nerf at decently high vengeance levels. When dealing with adds, I actually find this better. Usually at the vengeance levels you see the nerf, you already have solid threat on the adds. It's a dps loss for sure, but in terms of pickup threat, I think it was a good idea for consecration.

I haven't tanked horridon, so the following comments are "in general"

Light's Hammer (as mentioned above) is also a decent additional option. You still run the risk of losing one second for placing it, but since it has a longer duration, you do have a bit more freedom in when you place it so you might be able to place it earlier where the impact of that loss isn't as big of a deal. Also note that you don't need the full duration of either consecration or light's hammer to pick up add attention...just a few ticks, so placing early can sometimes be fine if it helps with your rotation

You could always ask if you could swap roles with the other tank. Paladin AM is perfect for Horridon tanking. You have ShoR to cover every Triple Puncture which means you don't need to swap. You can bubble and HoP off the Triple Puncture debuff so that you don't need to swap. You're not stressing out over finding mobs so you can dispel debuffs without losing a mob. Battle Healer gets ridiculous when the boss has a 150-200% damage taken debuff on him.

same issue as a prot war, had trouble picking up adds, I just make sure I hit them first as they seem to stick to me after that.

+ Reply to Thread