+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PST Rapid Fire! Round 15

PST Rapid Fire! Round 15

Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

With regards to dispelling on Horridon, you can simply assign players to keep interrupts on the Venombolt volley so you don't have to deal with the poison debuff...

Yea I think the big thing about horridon is that you should keep interrupt rotations on the venom priests/other casters to reduce the amount of non magic debuffs on players.

Venom volley is the only one (as far as I know) that leaves a raid wide debuff, while the others are single target.

so interrupt them appropriately and single target them so you dont have a situation where you dont have interrupts left while they're casting. (Stuns work too)

Of course, 1-2 stacks of the venom debuff is not that hard to deal with and its a good idea to use raid cooldowns at this time, as there isnt a lot of places to use raid cooldowns otherwise. (Horridon should only be dealing damage to tanks, and adds/Jalak is what hurts the raid).

There are ways around not having anti-poison spells.

Primordious however, there is just no way around the debuffs and thats why they're all magic.

EDIT: Also, on the PvE vs PvP question (at level 10) I think the poster was asking if it would be a good idea for ppl to choose server types after they reach level 10.

I don't think it will work because of technical issues(naming) but I think the general idea is cool. level 10 seems a bit low but I like the idea of giving new players a bit experience with the game (like say, level 20) until they choose what type of server they want to be.

I think level 20 is about the time where most ppl encounter their first horde/alliance gankfests on PvP servers haha.
    Last edited by BLSTMASTER; 03-16-2013 at 03:00 PM.

Mages haven't had anything specifically for them since the quest to paint a big target on your face when it came time to pass out water, but they did get to do the Dragonwrath quest along with other casters. Going back a bit, same with Atiesh. Both involved some interesting stuff, the Dragonwrath one did have a solo instance run with a decent boss fight. Hunters had the most involved class questline back in classic, paladins and warlocks had good ones too with their epic mounts. Counting the DK starting zone as one for them, and not counting the low-level stuff that almost everyone used to get (stance/totem quests, etc), I think warriors might be the only ones who have never had at least a partly shared one. Mages join that club if you don't count the shared legendary quests. That's just off the top of my head, though.

Aspect of waggle would make your butt waggle while you walk like female draenei, obviously.

Spirit swords are unusual, I think because holy paladins and mistweavers would be the only users, but Jin'rokh drops one.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Spirit swords are unusual, I think because holy paladins and mistweavers would be the only users, but Jin'rokh drops one.
    This tier seems to have lots of unusually itemized weapons. Spirit sword, spirit fist, 2h caster mace. It almost makes me expect to a str polearm floating around somewhere.

As far as gearing up a fresh 90 for ToT, it really has not been that difficult. My hunter (Kharros@stormrage) just dinged 90 a few days ago. I just hit ilevel 480 today. 1 MV LFR, 1 HoF (1st part) 2 HOF (2nd part) and 4 Terrace runs (this with 11 elder charms I farmed up in Isle of Thunder). Maybe I have been very lucky in my rolls, but it seems LFR T14 is a big loot pinata now. Very nice way to gear up a toon. And it keeps older content relavent. I like this better than new 5 mans that make old raids of the same expanson moot.

It's one thing to say that you should never let the Venom Priests cast and another to be able to do that. In a 10m you'd need 4 interrupts to completely lock them down, not counting a possible fifth if you don't kill one before the Dinomancer comes out. If you could even set this up and no one misses one, you are still splitting dps and making the burn take longer. I'm sure in 25 it's not an issue, but for a 10 you have a lot less to work with.

Personally, my group has the most trouble with the disease, as we either have one or no disease dispels and the debuff lasts for 5 MINUTES (seriously, wtf Blizz?).

I'm not sure where 4 interrupts comes from. In my group we kill the first venom priest before the next two spawn (using damage CDs), then mark one of the pair with a skull and assign an interrupter to each. The interrupters stay on the venom priests when the dinomancer comes out. Today I saw just one volley go out, and I think that was just the unmarked interrupter missing it.
    Last edited by Marco; 03-17-2013 at 11:17 PM.

As far as I've been able to tell, one person can't keep a priest on lockdown, hence having two for each. Who is interrupting the Dinomancer for your group if you keep the others on the priest, ele?

Quote Originally Posted by Kagitaar View Post
    As far as I've been able to tell, one person can't keep a priest on lockdown, hence having two for each. Who is interrupting the Dinomancer for your group if you keep the others on the priest, ele?
    Um as long as that person has a 15second CD or less on their interrupt they can. we usually have one melee designated to interrupts on the priests, the first goes down by the time the second set spawn and I take one of those whilst tanking horridon, and the other tank and DPS tear the other one apart, DPS doing the interrupts and the other tank interrupts the dinomancer and all but one swap dps swap.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

We were doing an alt 10 man run with alts (who aren't nearly as geared as our mains - 485 ilvl on my scrubby alt), and keeping the Venompriests interrupted wasn't difficult in the slightest. We basically ignored the Dinomancer during that time and focused down the priests that were up, and setting focus targets to ones that spawned. It doesn't matter if Horridon is healed up, he takes an ungodly amount of damage after all 4 doors are down so it's really not a big deal if the Dinomancer gets the heal off, just as long as you burn it to 50% within a reasonable amount of time to move on to the next door. At any rate, you do a good job with these videos, Lore. Keep up the great work.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Pancake View Post
    This tier seems to have lots of unusually itemized weapons. Spirit sword, spirit fist, 2h caster mace. It almost makes me expect to a str polearm floating around somewhere.
    There is a strength polearm in the instance too. Bo'ris.

Also not sure I agree with conquest being more of an investment to cap than VP.

I usually cap VP after doing dailies every day, almost completing TOT and farming a bunch of rares - by the weekend, after double digit hours of play.

CP I cap in an hour, maybe 2 hours of arena games.

Olivia has talked about this on Legendary plenty, CP is absolutely trivial to cap compared to VP. I do agree VP shouldn't transfer into CP though, I did that a lot in Cata and got gear I didn't really "deserve", I'd much rather they just make VP have a use (unlike in Cata) by keeping useful things to buy around.

Also, I really wish Legendary was still linked regularly on Tankspot - I haven't seen the latest Legendary yet, purely because I'm over reliant on you to hand it to me on a platter.
    Last edited by Nagassh; 03-18-2013 at 08:35 AM.

A class quest for Mages?

The only thing Mages have gotten for about the past 2 years is Nerfed.

Yeah becuase when fully geared from 5.2 Mages aren't the top 3 DPS specs.

Oh wait. Yes they are.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagitaar View Post
    You can solo the lockdown on the priests, I've done it myself.
    Considering the tank can also interupt whatever it's tanking, all you need is 1 melee and a caster to go on the other priest once dinomancer spawns and you're good to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

About the server transfer could there be a temporary transfer that allows you to go to a realm for one month and once the transfer expires the toon returns to original realm. I don't know if it should be free, but if it was free then it would help if the temp-transfer had a 3 month CD. If it wasn't free then you could buy 5 temp-transfers for 10usd, but these would only have a 30day cd.

The only warrior quest chain I can remember was for the whirlwind axe. Is that chain even around anymore?

+ Reply to Thread