+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 5.2 Tanking Trinkets

No. AD in the good ol days served as a Damage reduction (based off def rating) whislt below 35% health and upon reaching 0% health healed the pally for 30% health, neither second wind or Ji'Kun's thingy will do much to save you don't get me wrong its an alright trinket, but its no AD. the heal just isn't big enough, and i get the feeling that the interply with second wind will lead to a lot of trinket proccing, but second wind would have covered you anyway., or trinket popped so second wind doesn't which kind a makes me not want to take the combination of the two.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Interesting...right on, thanks for the clarification. As per usual it seems I have been living in my own alternate universe where I get to just make things appear the way I wish for them to.

Back to the drawing board it seems.

You could, however, find argument FOR the trinket as saying "then I get the basic functionality of Second Wind in a trinket and I could pick up another talent"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Quote Originally Posted by Airowird View Post
    You could, however, find argument FOR the trinket as saying "then I get the basic functionality of Second Wind in a trinket and I could pick up another talent"
    Or... you could not care about second wind as a tank to begin with, and view the trinket as a nice little quality of life thing, and continue to stick with Enraged Regen for 95% of the encounters..... or am I the only one in that boat?

If you want to stick with ER that's your choice and what you do in the privacy of your on home is none of my business. Personally i'd rather have Second wind than the Trinket. Assuming boss hits are 1.5s and a 600k buffed health thats 18k HPS so by the time the boss's swing timer is up again i've had 2 ticks so 36k which is 90% of the healing of the trinket, I'm not gonna quibble over 4K if it means not having a CD on the heal. Not that i think either are gonna make a real difference in your survivability.

There's also the problem that Ji'kun's is an Expertise trinket. I don't like getting expertise from trinkets, firstly it means i lose a lot of flexibility so i can't change that slot without screwing over my connectivity i can't drop in double mastery trinkets for easy stuff or double stam trinkets for stuff that tests my EHP; And secondly if you look at the stam/secondary stat ratio for trinkets its about 1.33:1, whereas with gems the ratio jumps up to 1:1.33. I get more expertise per gem than i do stam, and i get more stam per trinket slot than i do expertise, so ideally i'll be trinketing stamina and gemming expertise.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Tengenstein, I like the cut of your jib.

Secondary functions of all 5.2 trinkets is weak imo, except for the valor trinket (and that only because of its frontloaded nature which I mentioned in my summary).

I now value the trinkets mostly on their static bonus, which means for me:

Soul Barrier > Talisman >= Fortitude - all others are not that great.

So I actually ended with sticking to my 489er mogu trash stam trinket paired with the talisman and I plan to replace the stam trinket with the soul barrier. LFR Barrier is too weak. Little more stamina for a less reliable use? Not for me.

So if you want to throw in the secondary functions of the trinkets into your decisionmaking, you should have a good plan ho to use the trinket, because they are all really not that strong.

+ Reply to Thread