+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mage dps - Any advice would be awesome!

Mage dps - Any advice would be awesome!

Ok, so I've recently come back to raiding with some friends on a new class; Mage. Problem is, despite my best efforts, I really can't seem to pull my weight. A friend hinted that asking for help on here might be an idea, so here I am.

The guilds not pulling up logs yet, so alas I have none.

I'm finding it difficult to push my dps beyond 65-70k single target, and on an aoe heavy fight like Horridon, I found myself unable to breach 50k.
    I've read and am following the advice from icy-veins on what glyphs/rotation to use, but still I can't seem to do it.
    I wanted to know if theres just something I'm doing completely wrong, or am I just a derp and need more practice?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%ADkaze/simple
    Link to my armory above. If logs are essential, I'll try and get some in an LFR or something.

I didn't wanna post my rotation, for fear of creating a huge wall of text, but obviously will do if required.
    Thanks for any time given.

Without logs, or at least a desription of your palystyle there is little we can do, beyond enchanting your bracers, getting a better weapon enchant (isn't there and Int one?) and that those pure haste gems prolly should be int/haste hybrids.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

I thought so. I'm gonna jump into an LFR and get some logs while there, shall post them after. Would love to find what/if I'm doing wrong, and fix it.
    I'll do those enchants/gemming before going as well, thanks!

Managed to join an LFR group just in time for Empress. For some reason, my damage felt really awesome, but heres the log anyway. Not sure how it happened, really.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...6/?s=289&e=891

Nether Tempest uptime could use some work 72% seems very low, Frost should AoE with Blizzard (it gives BF and FoF procs). you have more IL casts than FoF procs, unless you're having to DPS on the move kiting adds for empress) that should be avoided. you had 54 BF procs but only cast 40 FFBs which is bad; Unless you need to stop DPS, you should never really sit on an BF proc ever.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Those all sound like good reasons why my dps seems slacking. I'll give it a good shot to keep NT up more, and use my procs more effectivly, as well as using Blizzard for aoe. Thanks very much for the input and advice.

+ Reply to Thread