+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what is the recommened ilvl for Throne normal mode?

what is the recommened ilvl for Throne normal mode?

Hey guys,

Some of the members in my raid team want to jump straight into Throne full time. We are a newly formed raid team and still have some players in blues, and most if not everyone is still rocking 476/483 gear mixed with our 489's. I am trying to think it through and don't want to just say no, we have to run the old raids. I estimate our raid average ilvl to be 487.

So, I just want some opinions. We were 8/16 before the patch hit.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
    PN

The first boss is a push-over. The following bosses not so much.

Push over for toons at 496, or a push over for toons at 487? I know the general reaction is exactly what you said, but it only holds true to a certain extent.

PN

Should be easily doable with 487. We're going in with the alts who are geared between 480 and 490 on Saturday if nothing gets in the way and are expecting to have a kill fairly quickly.

Well, first of all, unless it's a tank (they are allowed to be picky with stats on their gear) pretty much all of your raiders should grind out enough honor to have 476's or better in almost every slot. Only exceptions being weapons, trinkets and, if the only item for that slot has their two worst stats. So if that means spamming 5 mans to convert JP to Honor, so be it. LFR also has highly increased drop chances, so everyone should be doing that as well obviously.

Secondly, minimum iLvL isn't really a good way to decide anything. Obviously at a low enough gear level a tank will just get one shot for example. But the grey area in-between can be overcome by skill. That goes for DPS, Heals and, Tanks. So, my suggestion: do some research. Find out the DPS requirements for the first boss (will require some calculation due to the water mechanics) and if you think your dps can pull it of, get on in there and have a ball.

Generally speaking though in direct answer to your question, if your raiders are all above 485 I think you have a very good fighting chance.

+ Reply to Thread