+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 5.2 Patch changes for warrior tanking

5.2 Patch changes for warrior tanking

what are people making of the new patch changes and its effects on warrior tanking

I see there mainly trying to nerf warrior PVP a bit by moving around the damage reduction
    CD changes on shockwave wont make alot of difference i guess
    An removal of Deadly calm will effect HS spamming a little

Not really sure on the changes to attack power calculation changes
    I guess thats just them trying to control it as people get better gear??

-DR for prot is unaffected since they moved it into unwavering sentinal. So if you're specced prot you still get 25%
    -I think most people are using Dragon Roar anyway
    -I haven't used DC since MoP came out, using my rage for other things. I'm happy to see it gone.

-Probably
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

How are warriors going to compare to other viable tank classes w/ the patch changes?

Everyone is still viable. Warriors didn't really change much, they're still a solid tanking class like always.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Prot lost some sustained DPS, Gained some Threat on the pull. Unless you where extremely bad or extremely good, you won't notice a difference. The def stance change won't affect us since there still is no reason ever to leave def stance as prot (except to accelerate a wipe). the deadly calm removal is bleh since you shouldn't be spamming HS anyway, as GoHR was better DPR and DPS and GoIncite has been rolled in Demoshout.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Thanks, I was concerned that the lost DPS would result in another case of, "need a tank, not a warrior", like we saw in burning, and wrath.

Nah, our damage output is still good assuming you're hit/exp capped.

Quote Originally Posted by hermit View Post
    Thanks, I was concerned that the lost DPS would result in another case of, "need a tank, not a warrior", like we saw in burning, and wrath.
    What? When did this happen? I was a warrior tank throughout all of bc & wrath and the only time anything remotely close to that happened was when DKs were so OP it was more like "we need a dk, not a tank". And that was for a very brief period of time. Hell warriors were THE tanks in TBC.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

I think he got confused, that was in cata...DK's Death Strike and multitude of CDs made them desirable for nearly everything.

But really, we're talking in the context of A) pugs and B) really bad guilds with really bad leaders.
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Um DKs where in a relatively bad place until 4.3 where they needed DS to land ot get the heal/shield, the needed to keep their Blood runes on CD to keep Blade barrier active, they didn't have outbreak on a short CD so had to manually refresh diseases, Bone shield only had 4 charges and Bone shield provided 15% less armour. pre DS DKs where a pain in the ass to heal compared to warriors and paladins who could achieve unhitabble in 4.2
    MoP RPS Calculator

So if i understand it correctly we go for hit 7.5% exp 7.5% and leave mastery around 40-50%?

No. We get for 7.5% hit, 15% expertise and the stack as much mastery and/or stamina until our healers die of boredom.
    MoP RPS Calculator

I wanna know where he got 40-50% mastery from. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have that much mastery at no cost to my other stats.... but I've never heard that number used in any prot war discussian.

I have 43% mastery and 7.50% hit and 9% exp

The thing is there isn't a soft cap or an inflection point or anything for mastery. We want it. In copious amounts. Right up to the point where we have 100% chance to critically block. The problem is that we need to be hard capped on our Connectivity stats first to stabilise our RPS, and thus our active mitigations, and afterwards we have to toss up between Mastery or Stam, and they're both very nice stats, Mastery smooths our damage intake, decreasing the number of spike events, stam allows us to withstand larger spike events. Which one you want will vary from fight to fight, healer setup, tank skill, healer skill, 10 man, 25 man, how much you outgear the content, the time of the month, the phases of the moon, the alignment of the solar system, and whether you're going commando or not, there's no hard or fast rule for stam/mastery beyond "moar is better".
    MoP RPS Calculator

Which one you want will vary from fight to fight, healer setup, tank skill, healer skill, 10 man, 25 man, how much you outgear the content, the time of the month, the phases of the moon, the alignment of the solar system, and whether you're going commando or not, there's no hard or fast rule for stam/mastery beyond "moar is better".
    Best Mastery VS Stamina analysis ever. Too bad it's 3 lines otherwise I would make it my Sig.
    Last edited by Gregasaurous; 03-12-2013 at 07:35 AM.

+ Reply to Thread