+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PST Rapid Fire! Round 12

PST Rapid Fire! Round 12

Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Intel-plate problem fixed next expansion with the introduction of the holy paladin level 90 passive ability "Light's Strength."After level 90 no more intel-plate because Light's Strength will cause Strength to give Holy Paladins spell power and mana-regen. We already have mana caps and reforging and gems holy paladins can roll on dps gear. I know that they will now have to compete with unholy frost and ret for gear, but blizz is ok with more important roles having dps roll on their gear. Proof brewmaster monks have to deal with windwalker monks, rouges, feral druids and hunters thats 8 different specs they have to deal with. The old intel-plate would remain in the game for transmog purposes and lower levels, but after 90 it will all go away.

But now you have the problem of Holy Paladins only needing one stat (strength) to accomplish what other healers do with two (intellect and spirit). And what about the hit and expertise that will inevitably be on their gear? Do you convert those to something as well? Now you have a class where three stats are being converted into something else. Clunky.

And what about rings, necks, trinkets, cloaks, and weapons? Do they want strength gear in those slots? If not, now you have a class where half of their gear has Strength and half has Intellect. Again, clunky. If so, how do you discourage them from taking int/spirit items there instead? Do you scale the benefits of Intellect and especially Spirit to somehow NOT benefit Holy Paladins at all?

Furthermore, how do you balance this, especially for PvP? If you're letting Holy use Strength gear, you're, as a result, allowing them to use tanking gear. They'd be missing out on things like crit and mastery, but that's probably a decent tradeoff for the extra survivability in PvP. Again, this is something that could theoretically be fixed, but now you're having to go in and adjust the benefit they get from certain stats again just to compensate for it.

This is why I have consistently said that the best "fix" for Intellect plate is just to leave it how it is. Too much of the game relies on Holy Paladins using Intellect gear to function properly. It's just not worth the giant mess of issues that would have to be resolved just to solve "sometimes gear drops that no one wants".
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

I actually liked the idea of them using intellect mail. and you don't need something clunky like forgetting to use plate. all paladins can use both mail and plate, even Holy, but holy paladins get the bonuses they get from Plate (5% int, bonus armor) from using mail. transmog can be handled by the eventual loosening of transmog requirements, which blizzard said they could do. It's pretty possible that they will allow armor type A to be mogged to armor type B.
    retired tank, holy power killed it for me.

They could change all stats into something more universal like Power, Extra and Mastery. Each spec would translate those universal stats into the things they really need.
    Last edited by Erasar; 02-26-2013 at 03:53 PM.

Remake Warlock Demo tree into a Tank/Dps spec, much like the Druid Bear/Kitty spec and grant warlock the use of intel plate. Problem fixed

Hi Lore im new! Love your shows!
    As far as i know, the last we saw Maiev wasn't BC but more recently in Cataclysm during the Firelands in the Molten Front. Right?
    Also (SPOILER) i found this while looking about it:

[h=3]Post-Cataclysm - World of Warcraft: Wolfheart[/h]Maiev appears in Wolfheart as one of two primary antagonists. She is revealed as being still alive and living in Darnassus as leader of the Watchers. She is ultimately shown to be behind the assassinations of the Highborne which causes conflict between the Highborne and Malfurion. She takes Malfurion captive and attempts to kill the rest of the Highborne. It is stated that she has gone mad, along with some of the other Watchers. She is defeated by Jarod Shadowsong, whom hesitates slaying her, allowing her to escape. She is, as of now still alive and on the run from Jarod and his new squad.

Types of throttling combat text that you mention are available in msbt. I'm using "show only crits" since Cataclysm and I think that those options were there in WotLK already.

Lore,how would you feel about Ret Paladins using Int gear?
    A similar case already exists for Elemental Shamans & Balance Druids, who use healer gear.
    A 'simple' "your Intellect from gear now grants AP, Spirit converts 50% into Hit, 50% into Expertise" passive would generally speaking allow most Intellect gear to be useful to Retribution Paladins
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Quote Originally Posted by Narinthel View Post
    Types of throttling combat text that you mention are available in msbt. I'm using "show only crits" since Cataclysm and I think that those options were there in WotLK already.
    I used msbt in wotlk and it def wasnt there had to be add in cata.. could you post a screen shot of where the option is to turn it on? cause i've not see it listed at all in my options.

as for the int plate "problem" the only solution is to leave it like it is really. or unless blizz thinks of another class design and make them have an int using spec, but i would not want this new plate wear to also be a tank/physical dps..

as a shaman i'm kinda glad they finally kinda merged the two mail int spec, so it would just feel clunky for pally to go to mail unless they just change all the holy sets to mail, but i feel that too is also bad.
    Last edited by Anghio; 02-27-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anghio View Post
    I used msbt in wotlk and it def wasnt there had to be add in cata.. could you post a screen shot of where the option is to turn it on? cause i've not see it listed at all in my options.
    My previous comment was somewhat misleading, because I posted before even checking msbt. There's no single option to do that, but you can go "Events > Outgoing player" and uncheck "Melee/Skill hits" and that should do it.

There are other types of throttling in msbt. For example there are spam throttling settings where you can set a time duration and it'll lump any damage/healing/whatever that are from the same source into a single entry of text. So you could set it to like 5 seconds and then you'd only see 1 entry for autoattacks 1 entry for each dot, 1 entry for each ability every 5 seconds. So you'd see something like:

21k Melee (5 hits, 2 crits)

instead of 5 different entries, and then not see melee in your combat text for another 5 seconds.

You can also set minimum thresholds where it'll not display anything below a certain amount. I have mine currently set to a minimum threshold of 1k, so any hits or ticks that are less than 1k total simply won't display at all (so for example on my rogue if I'm using just the default throw attack which does a little less than 1k it usually won't show combat text at all, unless it crits).

And as Narinthel said you there are other settings where you can configure various types of combat text to show or not show, such as melee hits/crits/misses/absorbs/dodges/parries/etc. Though those settings are broken down into a lot of little options, but they are there.

In regards to Anduin Wrynn, he is still alive.

WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD

Basically (skipping over how we got to this point in the first place) Garrosh had this mogu bell of mass destruction that released bad Sha mojo, Anduin had this mallet that was made to counteract the bell when hit, and instead produce harmony mojo.

Garrosh rings the bell, we kill his minion, Anduin comes along to "talk" hits the bell with the mallet. Garrosh is pissed, goes to prepare some sort of slow giant axe swing (even marked by the swirly dust clouds on the ground. Seriously Anduin wake up to MoP and gtfo).

Anduin gets hit with Gorehowl? (despite the fact that your character was there and had ample time to go and block the blow or something), and it produces a shockwave that shatters the mogu bell which falls on Anduin.

Garrosh is all "I leave you alive as a warning" and flies off.
    Turns out Anduin is still breathing but his bones are shattered. Velen is sent for so he can give Anduin emergency treatment, or something.
    We don't know what happens after that, but apparently he's all well and good come 5.2 'cause he's gonna be chatting with Wrathion. ._.

On a different note, I've been leveling up my horde alt.
    I just finished Jade Forest and to my surprise, Anduin makes a cameo appearance (as a captive).
    He was all like "Hi there Hordies in case you haven't heard I'm Anduin Wrynn the prince of Stormwind, peace", and then apparently disappears.
    We don't really get to talk to him, and at the end of Jade Forest we just kinda forget he's there and sweep it under the rug. Guess he must have escaped?
    I was a wee bit disappointed with that whole thing. :I

Quote Originally Posted by Lunalight View Post
    On a different note, I've been leveling up my horde alt.
    I just finished Jade Forest and to my surprise, Anduin makes a cameo appearance (as a captive).
    He was all like "Hi there Hordies in case you haven't heard I'm Anduin Wrynn the prince of Stormwind, peace", and then apparently disappears.
    We don't really get to talk to him, and at the end of Jade Forest we just kinda forget he's there and sweep it under the rug. Guess he must have escaped?
    I was a wee bit disappointed with that whole thing. :I
    Just keep going, you'll learn more about this part of the story in Krasarang Wilds & Kun-Lai Summit
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

+ Reply to Thread