+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Weekly Marmot - The Future of Pure Classes

Um...not really, no.
    Aw, c'mon Ion! Don't you remember all that Vanilla druid leather with +10 str/+10 agi/+15 spirit/+15 int/+4 MP5/+10 AP/+1% crit? =D

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
    Aw, c'mon Ion! Don't you remember all that Vanilla druid leather with +10 str/+10 agi/+15 spirit/+15 int/+4 MP5/+10 AP/+1% crit? =D
    To be fair, I'm pretty sure there was warrior gear with int and spirit on it in Classic...

I had a friend try to make a warrior spirit set in vanilla so he'd regen health fast against bosses......... oops....
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    I had a friend try to make a warrior spirit set in vanilla so he'd regen health fast against bosses......... oops....
    Was he a troll warrior?! DIDN'T THAT ACTUALLY WORK?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    To be fair, I'm pretty sure there was warrior gear with int and spirit on it in Classic...
    Warrior Tier 0 (D1) had spirit on it if I remember correctly. :P But we were all noobs back then. When my friend and I first started playing, I made a Paladin and he made a Hunter. I stacked agility endlessly, because I thought it would help me run as fast as him, because he used Aspect of the Cheetah all the time. :P

I think there is a reason to add a fourth spec for each of the pure classes. Rogues and warlocks can have a tank spec while hunters and mages get a healing spec. I already know some hybrid players who refuse to tank anyways and this would be no different. The important part is that it would be there for people who need it. Out of all of the pure classes Rogues are seeing severely low representation. I believe something drastic like a tanking spec might be necessary to attract more players.

Was he a troll warrior?! DIDN'T THAT ACTUALLY WORK?!?!
    Oh god that was actually a thing for a little while, wasn't it. Troll Warrior + HP/5 gear!!

The thing about adding tank specs to the game, is that it never really increases the amount of tanks in the game. They added a new tanking class this expansion and you still wait just as long for a tank to sign up for LFG, even with half the classes having a tanking spec.

The thing about adding tank specs to the game, is that it never really increases the amount of tanks in the game. They added a new tanking class this expansion and you still wait just as long for a tank to sign up for LFG, even with half the classes having a tanking spec.
    True, but it doesn't make the ques any worse, plus it gives people more options without having to reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by delusion View Post
    True, but it doesn't make the ques any worse, plus it gives people more options without having to reroll.
    In my experience, somebody unwilling to reroll to tank or level an alt to tank, won't respecc to it either.

In my experience, somebody unwilling to reroll to tank or level an alt to tank, won't respecc to it either.
    Yep.

A lot of people simply DO NOT WANT TO TANK.

This is a fact that people can't seem to get over. Blizzard seems to have tried to entice people by making tanks insanely overpowered during the leveling process, but to no avail. They've tried to entice them by making the role significantly less demanding than it once was, but to no avail. They've tried to entice them by making the gearing process significantly less complex/frustrating, but to no avail.

Bottom line is that - much like healing - it's a role that many people simply do not want to perform. Period.

Add to your list: They even made them do similar damage to dps specs, but to no avail.

I play a rogue because I love the class but I also have tank alts. I wish that I didn't have to. If I can't do the higher damage output I was promised when I rolled the class, I should at least be given the ability to tank.

where was it promised?
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    where was it promised?
    In the original class descriptions

And I still think Sub would do better if people got over the stigma attached to it. And since when were descriptions promises.
    MoP RPS Calculator

Look...he was promised a PONY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

There are other ways for pure dps classes to add something to a raid other than tank or heals. Give them an ability to increase mana regen or health regen through a casted ability to a single player. something that would lower there dps a little but give then an added dimension. Hunter and warlock pets could do something other then dps or tank, give them abilities that buff the raid in some way. Not to change a pure class but to give them some added playing styles where they are still a pure dps class. Make the abilities only castable on another player so a pure dps class doesnt get too powerful.

Hunter pets do do more than just tank or DPS. Hunter pets can bring almost any buff/debuff you care to name; be it Brezzes, Lust, Kings, Sunder Armor, Weakened Blows, Snares, cast speed Slows, smart heals. Lock pets aren't quite so versatile, but you'd be suprised at the things they can bring, offensive dispels, defensive dispels, disarms, interupts, CC, knock backs, stuns, hell sacraficing the voidwalker gives the lock a defensive CD on par with most tanks major CDs.

You mean like Tricks of the Trade, or pre-cata Dark intent, or Focus Magic. But then again, its not like Mages or locks need all that help DPSing.
    MoP RPS Calculator

+ Reply to Thread