+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Where the Community Really Begins in WoW

yes fetzie, you and i both know this. Youre suppose ot interupt stone breath by kicking a turtle at him while hes casting it.

Not in lfr, cause kicking the shell is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Not in lfr, cause kicking the shell is fun.
    In my experience, nobody gives enough of a damn in LFR to kick over failed turtle punts.

you are suppose to crack his shell and cause damage. Ever try kicking the turtles? you cant time that shit

Sorry about the last explitive laden post, but I have had it with WOW.

After watching Lores movie I did see that turtles were being used to interupt.

In actual play, that is like trying to play hockey on an expressway during rush hour.

I got kicked 2 times from raids and dropped the last time because of the caustic atmosphere in the LFR community.

The game got bad when it got to complex. I made it through MSV LFR as well as heart of fear and terrace of endless spring with no problems. Now it is a joke. The people in the raiding community are far too demanding and take the fun out of the game.

I am not a computer wiz and all the add=ons and macros are just cheating and hacks in my book.

I am more inclined to enjoy a thinking mans game game, rather that how fast you can push buttons. I guess I will stick to chess and Starcraft.

I cancelled by sub.
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 04-03-2013 at 04:22 PM. Reason: don't underline entire posts

Quote Originally Posted by starcruncher View Post
    Sorry about the last explitive laden post, but I have had it with WOW.

After watching Lores movie I did see that turtles were being used to interupt.

In actual play, that is like trying to play hockey on an expressway during rush hour.

I got kicked 2 times from raids and dropped the last time because of the caustic atmosphere in the LFR community.

The game got bad when it got to complex. I made it through MSV LFR as well as heart of fear and terrace of endless spring with no problems. Now it is a joke. The people in the raiding community are far too demanding and take the fun out of the game.

I am not a computer wiz and all the add=ons and macros are just cheating and hacks in my book.

I am more inclined to enjoy a thinking mans game game, rather that how fast you can push buttons. I guess I will stick to chess and Starcraft.

I cancelled by sub.
    Starcraft is more about how fast you can push buttons than WoW. That's why people talk about APM. Just to point that out.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    Starcraft is more about how fast you can push buttons than WoW. That's why people talk about APM. Just to point that out.
    ^ This. You won't get far in SC2 if you can't press buttons fast, in fact that's how you get out of bronze and silver leagues, you don't even focus on strategy, you just out macro other people by pushing buttons faster.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

I dont play SC 2, I and 2 doctors and another business owner play the origional in the evenings. The rapid button pushing games are for kids. We play against comps where you dont worry about hacks and BSer's. We have been meeting there for 13 years and will probably continue to do so as long as Blizzard supports us. In our scenarios we dont hotkey anything except attacking forces. We always work with limited minerals so there is far more strategy than agility involved. One of the doc's is an avid Raider on WOW and has been for many years, even though he is 50 years old. It was his influence and watching Game of Thrones that renewed my interest in the game. However once you go as far as you can get, all the stuff I did outside LFR wasn't as fun without progression. the problem with ToT is you have to raid to gain rep. Well if you want better gear to help you do those raids, then you are in an awkward position. Getting better gear and seeing a tangible difference in running dungeons or LFR is a satisfying experience. Before I would MAYBE run 1 LFR a week and get the rest of my vp and rep from dailies. That 45 minute wait and the longer time it takes to do the raids make it rough enough to do LFR. Now you can add terrible attitudes to the mix, because of all the wipes. The first time I did Tortos it took 2.5 hours. Yesterday getting to Dark Animus took 5 hours.

I really enjoy strategy and figuring out how to "beat the machine". With my mage there isn't a lot of button pushing, but the trade-off is I have to wait forever in queue and healers take care of me last. With the tank I was looking forward to the fast queues and did enjoy being able to take on mobs that would tear my mage to pieces, but after yesterday, with all the bickering and confusion, I doubt I want to enter a LFR as a newbie. The button pushing and mousing is all I can handle in dungeons.

I know I am not alone in this dilema or there would be many other tanks for LFR and with the lesser queue times making the whole game more fun for the majority of players (non-raiders).

My sub runs out at the end of the month, so I will give it until then to see if Blizzard can make it better, or if my guild runs are fun enough to keep me.

I know I am not alone in this dilema or there would be many other tanks for LFR and with the lesser queue times making the whole game more fun for the majority of players (non-raiders).
    You are aware that tanks have a longer LFR queue than DPS do, aren't you?

I dont play SC 2, I and 2 doctors and another business owner play the origional in the evenings. The rapid button pushing games are for kids. We play against comps where you dont worry about hacks and BSer's. We have been meeting there for 13 years and will probably continue to do so as long as Blizzard supports us. In our scenarios we dont hotkey anything except attacking forces. We always work with limited minerals so there is far more strategy than agility involved. One of the doc's is an avid Raider on WOW and has been for many years, even though he is 50 years old
    SC1 takes plenty of dexterity/APM as well, if you're playing against actual humans that can fight back.

So lets break all this down.

WoW got "too complex", so you're leaving because you prefer a "thinking mans' game".

WoW takes too much button pushing, so you're going to play StarCraft instead.

You "enjoy strategy" but only play against the brain-dead computer.

Oh, and you made sure to subtly drop that you hang out with doctors, because that was very important.

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregasaurous View Post
    I think that where you see clear defining differences, I see linked similarity's. If that makes any sense at all.
    sorry i tried to explain it clearly, but to me the difference is all in the attitude. wanting to get carried and being bummed when you're not vs. wanting to get carried and being a dick about it when you're not. to me, it's a big difference; maybe it's not to everyone.

and like i said before, i don't mean to speak in absolutes. but you think there are a "good amount of people with that mindset". what do you base that on? do you know a lot of people like that outside the game? most of the people i've run into want to be good at what they do. being clearly behind others is usually an uncomfortable feeling, not something that gives personal enjoyment.

whether or not we accept the difference, i'd bet your pally was probably aware he was not doing well and used the class excuse to deflect from his performance (since when have holy pallys been underpowered?). but i'll admit you were able to come up with a legit example of someone who was underperforming and NOT willing to try and improve.

Quote Originally Posted by starcruncher View Post
    With my mage there isn't a lot of button pushing, but the trade-off is I have to wait forever in queue and healers take care of me last.
    As a healer, I can say that unless you've pissed me off, I don't dicriminate who gets heals. Also, being a ranged if you're taking a lot of damage and need extra healing, you're standing in the fire and, frankly, I wouldn't waste mana on you - but it's not because you're a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
    SC1 takes plenty of dexterity/APM as well, if you're playing against actual humans that can fight back.

So lets break all this down.

WoW got "too complex", so you're leaving because you prefer a "thinking mans' game".

WoW takes too much button pushing, so you're going to play StarCraft instead.

You "enjoy strategy" but only play against the brain-dead computer.

Oh, and you made sure to subtly drop that you hang out with doctors, because that was very important.

I'm just gonna leave this here.
    Yeah I just wanted to make sure you understand I am not a kid or social inept.

Go to ICC and I will give you a lesson in chess your momma never gave you. The name there is williamking.

Don't talk down to me, boy, unless you know who you are talking to.

I find that quite offensive, actually.

Oh, not because of what you said, mind you. Because I had the decency to put some effort into my post, and you neglected to return the favor.

It's just common courtesy, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    You are aware that tanks have a longer LFR queue than DPS do, aren't you?
    No! That's crazy!

But now that I am thinking about it...

I guess that could be the case since there are only 2 tanks and 5 healers.

I simply assumed the numbers would follow those of LFG, having never raided before.

Geez that makes being a tank even worse with the ToT raid rep requirement!

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity View Post
    I find that quite offensive, actually.

Oh, not because of what you said, mind you. Because I had the decency to put some effort into my post, and you neglected to return the favor.

It's just common courtesy, you know.
    LOL!

Ok you win, I shotgunned that snappy zinger in less than 1 minute.

A friendly non-official non-moderator warning:

You might want to cut down on the aggressive rhetoric before a mod comes by and sees it. Just saying.

Lets keep the targetted attacks to a minimum alright guys.

at least the bov / starcruncher argument ended in a chuckle.

Lets keep it on topic, and not direct attacks at each other.

No warns this time...

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Well I know Lore gets paid by ZAM and he is the reason I am here. He does a terrific job and earns whatever they pay him.

I assume if you guys have been here for years you would be more respectful to people and yes tankspot is dependent on Blizzard a GREAT DEAL for its membership and patronage.

If you consider common courtesy and respect a special privilage, then maybe you should run that by the people who moderate this site.

I see that you are a donor, which is great, but I am smart enough to know that Lore wouldn't put all the work he does into his show for the donations that come in. The point I am trying to make and interestingly enough fits this entire thread is that bullying and elitist attitudes are on their way out in WOW and maybe the gaming community as a whole. Some of you gave me some terrific advice on tanking on another thread, yet here I seem surrounded by elitist jerks. heh. I can't believe Blizzard actually gives that site out on tickets as reference material for newbies. But they do.

Since our little interaction was deleted...and you don't know the history between me and the poster you responded to with the post that I quoted...I wasn't talking about YOU...I was talking about HIM. You misread and took offense when none was intended (to you anyway).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

+ Reply to Thread