+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shattering Throw?

Shattering Throw?

I was wondering if shattering throw is worth using for my raid comp. Currently the tanks and I are the only people in the raid to benefit from it as all dps other than myself are casters. So I was curious with the cast time and it reseting our swing timer if it is a dps loss to use it or if it would still be a dps increase.

As a personal CD its usally worth it, though having high CS uptime during it generally makes it less valuable, however its a raid CD, it usually is a benifit to raid DPS as long as 1 other person apart from yourself benefits from it, especially if they stack their personal CDs or raid CDs with it. A lot of caster pets tend to physically melee, its not much but it still there and does add up wether its shadowfiends, Treants, or fel puppies, hell a good 20% of demolocks damage should be physical.
    Last edited by Tengenstein; 02-13-2013 at 11:29 PM.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Alright good enough for me. Our mage is good about giving an accurate countdown to hero so i'll just pre cast it to land as hero goes off and hope our priest is popping fiend then along with boomkin's trees and tank damage adds up. Sadly both our locks are affliction and typically sacraficing their pets however I think we are coming up on fights where demo is ahead and they will probably switch for those.

I have a dps warrior in my raid that doesn't use it since its a personal dps loss. However it is a really good raid cd especially in 25man. Did anyone do some math on this? I'd like to show him some plain facts to show him how much we miss out not using it.

The following is just meant to give an idea of the what we're talking about its not particularily accurate (at all) and shouldn't be taken as a guide to work out anything.

According to simcraft a t15HC geared SMF fury warrior is the highest DPS configuration a warrior can achieve, so we'll use this as our base line. a quick sim puts him at 194,316.5 DPS, if we then modify the action list to include using shattering throw as his number one priority he drops to to 193,589.4 dps a personal DPS loss of about 0.37% which includes the extra damage done beause of shattering throw.

We know bosses have 24835 armour, which assuming you have sunder (which you do if you have anyone who can bring shattering throw) and level differences equates to a 32.09% physical damage reduction, and whilst shattered is lowered to a 25.67% damage reduction. inverted this means that your physical DPS is doing 67.91% of ther raw DPS and 74.33% whislt shattered, thats pretty much as 9.45% damage increase whilst shattered. With a 10second duration and a 5 minutes CD, ST is up 3.33% of the time per warrior so is a 0.32% dps gain for the raids physical DPS.

so depending on how much of the raids physical DPS is the warrior doing the throw and how much isn't it can swing either way( my earlier post could be wrong) however with proper timing so that the raid benefits for ST in conjunction with Skull Banner, stormlash and lust. Thing is that whilst the effect is pretty powerful the CD is long meaning when averaged it's only a small DPS gain, its a powerful burst tool and should be used appropriately.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

+ Reply to Thread