+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max out my dps

Max out my dps

I enjoyed tanking pre MOP..but decided to level up to 90 as ret....My intention when reaching 90 would be to go back to prot..with ret as OS...or Holy as main spec and ret as OS...CANT MAKE MY MIND UP AT THE MOMENT! Any ideas.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rn/Krow/simple

thanks
    Krow the Wakener

Ret and Prot use almost the same gear. Tanking is more fun in MoP than most other expansions, imo. Try prot and if you don't like it go ret, not much gear changing.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Thank you Aggathon....Could you reccommend some good prot macro's..I am feeling very lazy this expansion

Edit: This isn't a good expansion for tanking on autopilot. Tanking in the past has been pretty lax once you knew what you were doing. Active mitigation has made the role much more involved.

Putting your trinkets in with a cd is about the only macro I can think of. The trinket slots are 13 and 14 so something like:

#showtooltip Divine Protection
    /use 14
    /cast Divine Protection

Personally, I only do something like that when the trinket on-use is pretty weak. Other than than..hmmm. If you need to bubble off a debuff:

#showtooltip Divine Shield
    /cancelaura Divine Shield
    /cast Divine Shield

Divine Shield will cause the mob to ignore you because you are invulnerable. Therefore, you need to be able to cancel that quickly to maintain threat. You will have to hit the macro twice. I typically follow this immediately with a taunt.

You can macro glyphed consecration so that it immediately drops it at your mouse rather than the keybind bringing up the target and then having to place it, but I don't remember the syntax of that. I think most people are not using that glyph anyways. I'm sure you can google it up if you like that one.

I had some macros for Feng to target him for the shroud and targeting my co-tank for the same reason. I also had taunt macros for Stone Guard. As far as macroing abilities, however, I feel the need to have fine control of them. I can't think of anything that I feel "automatically" and always go together to macro that way.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

thank you again. Great info! I see from patch 5.2 notes that consecration will a BIG boost to something like 700% of todays..so I guess this will help on multi-mobs and threat generation. My char is only lvl 88..so a long way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Krow View Post
    thank you again. Great info! I see from patch 5.2 notes that consecration will a BIG boost to something like 700% of todays..so I guess this will help on multi-mobs and threat generation. My char is only lvl 88..so a long way to go!
    The base damage is increased by 700%.

It is a buff below 80k AP and a nerf above 80k AP.

+ Reply to Thread