+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior tank problem

Warrior tank problem

All of a sudden I can't keep mobs of people, I have no clue what has happened but as soon as I taunt they come off me. I have tried talking to a gm but they can't help, anyone have any clues to what may o happened?

are you still in dstance? your description is incredibly vague.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Warrior tank problem

Have you checked who the mobs go to? Usually for me it's hunter or warlock pets that taunt the mobs off me, which is pretty annoying, could be the case here.

In case it's a taunt issue, you might use an add-on that reports who is taunting. I use Simple Taunt Announce. You have to use a couple of commands to set it up, e.g.

/sta raid self
    /sta party self
    /sta on

But once you do, it will tell you if a pet is taunting off you (or an eager co-tank).

Quote Originally Posted by khaosfighter View Post
    All of a sudden I can't keep mobs of people, I have no clue what has happened but as soon as I taunt they come off me. I have tried talking to a gm but they can't help, anyone have any clues to what may o happened?
    Generally when this happens either

A: you are not in defensive stance, probably because you either just switched from your DPS spec or you got MC'd during a fight and the computer switched it for you without you noticing.

or

B: Other players are taunting off you, commonly seen with Hunter/Warlock pets.

Check both and if neither is happening be more descriptive in your follow-up post.
    Hunters never die, they just choose to commit suicide. Often.

I use badpet, it calls out whomever's pet taunts and sends them a whisper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

I like badpet, though i have it setup to be less subtle, becuase i've lost the ability to give a shit about DPSs feelings.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

I found after MoP that the computer or the game is constanly setting me out of defensive stance and the only way I know it is that all he sudden all the mobs are hitting everyone else. I now check the darn stance, every time I log in!

Eh? sounds like it could possibly be an Addon, though more likely it's a macro.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Double check your keybindings too. I switched mine around for that when banners came out and still screw it up sometimes and land in a wrong stance.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

+ Reply to Thread