+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blackout Kick/Rushing Jade Wind Macro

Blackout Kick/Rushing Jade Wind Macro

I am looking for a way to make a macro that will cast rushing jade wind when it is off CD but cast blackout kick otherwise. I tried:

/cast rushing jade wind
    /cast Blackout Kick

assuming that if RJW was on CD then it would just move to the next line. I guess that is not how it works. Anyone out there that could help me with this?

You cannot use that kind of logic in macros.

The macro you currently have will try to cast Rushing Jade Wind, if it is on CD the Rushing Jade Wind will fail, and the macro will try to recast it the next time you press the macro.

Macros cannot make "decisions" for you. You can use them to reduce keybinds by making one activate when you press the button and the other activate when you hold a modifier. You can use them to activate things off the global cool down, like popping a trinket at the same time as an ability. You can also use them to do a sequence of actions, but it will be a set sequence. For instance, I would not recommend it, but you might be able to do:

/castsequence Rushing Jade Wind, Blackout Kick

If you double tapped that every time, it would cast Rushing Jade Wind and then try to cast Blackout Kick. If Rushing Jade Wind is on cd, it would give you the "ability not ready" type message on the first press and then try to cast Blackout Kick. Something like that is rarely the optimal way to do a rotation, however.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

I realize it isnt ideal to just macro those 2 together and forget about it. But I feel that as a monk there are so many abilities that (imo) need to be keybound so I was hoping to take some load off. RJW isnt really that necessary to keybind anyway I suppose.

Just out of curiosity: I used to have a macro on my priest for inner focus.

/cast Inner focus
    /cast Greater Heal

It would cast inner focus if it was off CD right before casting greater heal. If IF was on CD the it would simply cast GH. Is this different because IF is off the GCD? or instant? or what?

yeah Off the GCDs can be used similetaneously with other stuff, on the GCDs can't be cast with other on the GCD
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Most instant cast stuff is still on the GCD. A select few aren't and they can be done as you describe. Depending on addons, anything on the GCD usually causes that clock wheel timer animation on the ability when you use it. A 1.5 second base wait time after any ability on the GCD.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

+ Reply to Thread