+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Legendary - Tyrannical!

Legendary - Tyrannical!

Video provided by Gamebreaker.TV (World of Warcraft News) | Follow Gamebreaker on Twitter
    Last edited by Lore; 01-27-2013 at 05:54 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

I honestly don't see the Thunderforged as something you can actually go out and collect a full set for. What I imagine the idea is, that you're trying to farm the best non-Thunderforged item set, and then if you happen to mix a few Thunderforged pieces in here and there, that's a nice extra.

Of course, if you're looking at this with the idea of "I must get a full Thunderforged set!", then you'll be disappointed.

My guild uses Suicide Kings, but I'm considering keeping a separate second list for Thunderforged pieces only.

I'm honestly not sure how good the meta gem is for PvPers. As a tank, the legendary meta gem doesn't seem all too appealing, and I'm probably sticking to the 2% armor one, which will apply to every single boss swing, rather than a shield that will be up and down without me having any control over it.

However, if it's good for PvPers, and if it's a continuation of the current quest chain, then there are some weird steps in the progression chain. There are a few steps that we actually need to go out and do, and I think it's fine to demand PvPers to do these things, as they only need to be done once:
    - Watch a couple of cutscenes.
    - Run ToES once for the drop from Sha. (This is only one run and can be done in LFR.)
    - Kill a miniboss in Krasarang Wilds. (This is already leaning towards PvP, because it's really easy until opposing faction members start to mess stuff up. Admittedly, you need a tank.)
    - Win two battlegrounds. (This should actually be easier for PvPers.)
    - Likely Wrathion gives you one or two more "Do this once!" kind of quests in 5.2, which should certainly be doable.

But then there are a few stalling requirements, basically things that come along for free if you do your general PvE stuff, but if you're not doing your general PvE stuff, these would be a lot of work:
    - Farming Black Prince reputation.
    - Farming 10 Sigils of Power and 10 Sigils of Wisdom.
    - Farming 6000 valor points.

My understanding was that the meta-gem reward was in addition to the meta-socket already on the item, just like the 5.1 reward was in addition to the Sha-Touched gem socket on the weapon.

And if they can't be bothered doing dailies with Dominance Offensive for 10 minutes a day for a fortnight (you get BP rep from the alliance in Krasarang even before honored), the reward obviously isn't worth enough to them. Chances are you can skip to the 5.2 faction on the Jurassic Park island for the BP rep.
    Last edited by Fetzie; 01-28-2013 at 03:49 AM.

Cross-faction has to be the long-term future for WoW - it's an easy way to solve dropping populations when the game eventually tails off, and it could have some spectacular story behind it as a peacemonger faction emerges that tries to unite the horde and the alliance.

Imagine: get Exalted with the peacemonger faction and you can talk with, group with, and trade with the other side, be neutral with their NPCs, use their flight paths. Warmongering quests and PVP activities lose you reputation with the peacemonger faction. Warmonger or peacemonger: choose your path.

But that's long term and not something for MOP... the Garrosh storyline means that Horde vs Alliance has some way to go yet.

Cross-faction has to be the long-term future for WoW - it's an easy way to solve dropping populations when the game eventually tails off, and it could have some spectacular story behind it as a peacemonger faction emerges that tries to unite the horde and the alliance.
    *cough* Anduin Wrynn *cough* Burning Legion invasion next expansion *cough*

I really should get that seen to :/

Quote Originally Posted by Gahad View Post

Imagine: get Exalted with the peacemonger faction and you can talk with, group with, and trade with the other side, be neutral with their NPCs, use their flight paths. Warmongering quests and PVP activities lose you reputation with the peacemonger faction. Warmonger or peacemonger: choose your path.

But that's long term and not something for MOP... the Garrosh storyline means that Horde vs Alliance has some way to go yet.
    Cross-faction and you increase the pool of players on average by a factor of 2. Cross-realm and you increase the pool of players by a factor of what? 100, 200?

Cross-faction seems like a lot more work, breaks the whole 'horde vs alliance' storyline, and does far less than just doing a better job of breaking down the artificial barriers imposed by servers.

Tattoos absolutely should be part for the new characters models. I was very disappointed that they new models were not there at MOP's launch and I bloody well expect the new system to be robust in terms of options. Highborne, Taunka, Dark Iron and Wildhammer Dwarfs, Mag'har and heck, even Fel Orcs, Mechagnomes and Iron Dwarves should all be choices for PCs in my opinion. And they all should have plenty of customization options, and tattoos are appropriate for everyone not just night elves.

Now, I'm not saying I want sliders for everything from earlobe size to big toe diameter like I've seen in other games, but a system with more variety than we have now is not too much to ask. At the very least, please, give us some body type options. It's always bothered me that my human mage looks more like a linebacker than Gandalf.

Cross faction would be awesome. I played CoH years ago when it still had a large player base, and there was I think one map where heroes and villains could team up and communicate and complete quests as well as complete a zone wide event in a large raid sized group. Sure it kind of took away the heroes vs villains aspect to a degree, but only in that zone. I think it was the only cross-faction zone where you couldn't attack the enemy. Before that they implemented pvp zones where it was a free for all, heroes vs heroes, villains vs villains, so on.

I know its a completely different game and such, but the idea could work just as well. I actually think the idea would work better for WoW since the antagonist is usually threatening all of azeroth, whereas in CoH each faction(for the most part) has specific enemies.

+ Reply to Thread