+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Resto Shammy Question/help

Resto Shammy Question/help

I am just getting back into raid healing and i have found 2 schools of though about shammy's crit or haste i am mostly crit, i am at the point where i have ample amounts of spirit but am not sure if i should keep the spirit and go haste or loose spirit and stay crit. granted i know i need better gear but if anyone could look at my stuff and could suggest some things to max my healing i would be gratefull

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ender/advanced

Are you doing 10 man or 25 man?typically how many healers do you have for each encounter? are you the only shaman?
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

We are doing 10 man i am the only shaman and for most encounters we are running two healers myself and a disc/holy priest and on some fights where the raid leader thinks we need a third healer our boomkin goes resto.

hey there fellow shaman

Looking at your Armory there's a lot of things i would change.

Most importantly: Mastery.
    You have way too much of it. Your goal should be 50% which you get by never gemming it and always reforge out of it if possible.

Mastery is the worst secondary for shamans. and it's even WORSE than that if you heal with Disc or Pally.
    Haste+Crit.
    With your gear you should definatly get the 20.08% Haste Breakpoint for additional ticks of your totems.
    For this you want to get 3791+ Haste.
    After reaching this breakpoint you want to put all the rest into Crit.
    You MIGHT want to go down with your spirit a bit if you find yourself not going oom. Keep in mind that you want to do this as soon as you get the legendary meta gem.

Hope I helped you a bit.

+ Reply to Thread