+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Loot Paradigm

New Loot Paradigm

Blizz just announced a new ilvl for loot between normal and heroic and an ilvl above heroic, known as Thunderforged which will be a random drop. 25 man will have an increased chance for Thunderforged items to drop.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7709282055

Even more item level inflation. If we can upgrade 5.2 items in patch 5.3 then we'll be seeing Tier 2 epics that are as close as makes no difference 100 item levels higher than the 5man heroic blues.

That said, at least they haven't over-incentivised 25 man raiding.

Yo dawg, I heard you like RNG, so we took some RNG and put it in your RNG so you can RNG while you RNG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

LFR is going to be 502 ilvl - so there will be catch up and it's technically not better than 5.1 heroic gear.

By the last tier of the expansion we'll have some dumb mechanic in place to combat the item level inflation. Callin' it now.

Maybe that's the hidden reason behind all this. They're trying to make ilevel so out of control that people start begging for the ilevel squish.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

But, a boss with 1 billion health isnt' enough we want to see 5 billion health and vengence stacking 250,000,000 shield slam crits.

as our computers lag out at trying to calculate that much number crunching during a 25 man raid.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    as our computers lag out at trying to calculate that much number crunching during a 25 man raid.
    Not our fault you are trying to play WoW on your calculator

Always with the annoying little details, you're no fun - think of 3 fps as being like the slow motion scences in The Matrix.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Always with the annoying little details, you're no fun - think of 3 fps as being like the slow motion scences in The Matrix.
    I lol'd

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Trouble is when the slow-motion only applies to you.

They are going to have to do something about this; if we can again upgrade ilvl in 5.3 the numbers are just going to through the roof, but I can't see them doing anything before the next x-pac. A squish at end boss time of the current expansion would be a big optical change for players to absorb.

It almost seems that Blizz is relying on gear to the job of raid nerfs. It's almost like Blizz is calculating that x gear stat inflation is equivilant to y nerf percentage. Getting mathy now that one of my daughters has decided to major in math - she's wants to be an actuary now.

Theotherone, an actuary for a daughter isn't a problem...until she tells you that you need to get life insurance NOW 0.o
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Maybe that's the hidden reason behind all this. They're trying to make ilevel so out of control that people start begging for the ilevel squish.
    That was my thought.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

Quote Originally Posted by sifuedition View Post
    Theotherone, an actuary for a daughter isn't a problem...until she tells you that you need to get life insurance NOW 0.o
    She might be able to get him a better deal though. And the polidy is more likely to pay out too

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    She might be able to get him a better deal though. And the polidy is more likely to pay out too
    I was merely referring to the eerie accuracy they can have about life expectancy, product failure timelines, etc.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

She's the only child who seems willing to take my advice as to a career choice. I work in the insurance industry and I keep telling all my kids that we're getting turned down by actuaries right out of college and by interns. It's not a money thing either, it's that they can pick and choose jobs - in this economy. This has been going on for at least the last 5 years, it's mind boggling.

Motality tables are scary accurate.

+ Reply to Thread