+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Guild leader old guild..

New Guild leader old guild..

I'm looking for some help well some advice is more like it.
    My old guild leader quit playing WoW said that this xpac just wasn't doing for him any more and at the time I was the only guild member on so he gave guild leadership to me. Now here is my problem their was a time that you could log on and there would be 50-60 guild members on but now only a fist full of months after MoP drops I'm lucky if I'm not the only one on.
    How hard is it going to be to save the guild its a level 25 w/ our own vent do I hit the re-set button and flush amost every one and start over or try to drag the members back to being some what active or cut my losses.

Seanthebold
    Ravenguard
    Suramar

You will likely have to do both. First things first...

Who is the guild? By that, I mean what is your guild identity? Raiding guild? Social? Casual? Hardcore? Some mix of them all?

Thinking about what you want the guild to be will make a lot of difference in the answer. A casual/social guild probably won't have too much trouble getting recruits. A raiding guild...well, the guild I'm in has suffered a very similar fate this xpac and getting recruits is nearly impossible once you are far enough behind the progression curve. It will take a LOT of effort recruiting and persistence in trying to get some progression to save it.

You mention having 60 people online before and I'm not sure if you mean all at the same time or just active members who actually logon during the course of a week. Either way, it sounds like the guild has not restricted itself to just the raid core so unless that is part of the guild identity you would like to change, I see no reason to kick anyone unless you want to. If you are wanting to try to get current members involved again, make sure that the calendar reflects how active you are trying to be.

Having said all that, it looks like my guild may be officially dying, so I might not be the best person to give advice, lol.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

On the 50-60 people thing that was on in game being active we ran 5 mans had started raiding we had 2 10 man raid teams and was working on a 25 man. I would say that the guild of old was more Social/Casual with a pinch of raiding/pvp tossed in there

Well, unless you think the old GM is coming back and you want to preserve what they had, it seems to me that you now get to decide what you want it to be. Be aware, if you want to be a raiding guild, it will take a significant amount of work. More-so than it has in the last two expansions.

Being behind on progression now is harder to catch up than it has been. This means that you will need to find quality raiders that are willing to stick around with an unsatisfying level of progression long enough to fill the group out with more quality raiders. You may experience something like we did where we had our three in leadership who do ok. Then we usually have one or two quality recruits. Those four or five may be held back significantly for some time by whoever you can find to fill out the roster as you try to replace warm bodies with better raiders. Unfortunately for us, we would often lose a quality recruit after two or three weeks. Seems every quality raider we got was merely replacing one who lost patience rather than extending our core raid group so that we finally had 6 or 7 quality raiders instead of 4-5.

For us, the recruiting was definitely our downfall. We didn't really have anyone who enjoyed doing that enough or had any experience at it. We just couldn't get over that hump. We were a rotating door for the raiders we would like to have kept. It is quite a bit of work.

Alternatively, if you want to stay casual about raiding, then just getting warm bodies who fit personality-wise so you can go have fun in the raids shouldn't be too hard. This also doesn't just mean wipe-fests all night every night. You can still down some bosses for shineys and there's nothing wrong with that.

It's all about what you want the guild to be though.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

You have helped me a lot now off to plan my guilds new path.....

+ Reply to Thread