+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just hit 90, where to start?

Just hit 90, where to start?

I just returned to WoW this past Christmas after a year long break. I just made level 90 this week on my paladin, and I am feeling quite overwhelmed with all the dailies and reps out there. I'd like to jump into some heroic 5mans as soon as possible, but I just don't know where to start to get gear. My main spec is Holy. Any advice would be welcome.

I've been keeping my eye on the AH for stuff on the cheap, and have already gotten a couple pieces there.

Heroic 5 mans should only require like ilevel 430 or something to get in to, you should be able to get that just from quest gear you got while leveling.

In order to get LFR you need ilevel 460 to start, which you can technically get by just doing Heroic 5 mans.

Doing Sha of Anger is also something you can do, try to find a group, the first time you get kill him you get a quest item for 476 boots and he has a chance to drop 496 tier gloves or legs.

Reps: The most important is Golden Lotus. I would recommend the wowhead gear guild found here for a list of gear to look for so you know what reps you need to grind, you probably don't have to do all of them, I know I haven't.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

pvp

PvP? What's that again?

Thanks, Aggathon for the link to the gear guide. It's helped a bunch, in two days I'm already at iLVL 454. Part of my problem was that I have this completionist tendancy and was still questing at lvl90 in Kun-Lai Summit... LOL

One thing that really helped me though was a guildie introducing me to Scenarios. I don't much care for them, but the 450 weapon was much better than the 414 I had from the Summit quests. And you can't really beat getting 20 valor for like 5 minutes of your time and instant queues.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Reps: The most important is Golden Lotus.
    Getting revered with GL is certainly a good idea. But I would start with the 5.1 Alliance/Horde invasion faction rep grind first. It unlocks 496 VP gear, compared to 489 for others. You'll be wanting a 460 ilevel to get into MSV LFR, then a 470 for HOF LFR and ultimately 480 for the incoming 5.2 LFR. At this stage in the tier, gear is rather transitory, so I would focus on getting the ilevel up.

+ Reply to Thread