+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PST - Episode 111

PST - Episode 111

This week:
    0:15 - Should world first players be able to gear up so many characters?
    8:35 - Would the upgrade system work better if it ran on Justice Points?
    11:18 - Would cross-realm raiding be okay if it was only enabled in odd-numbered patches?
    17:14 - Does the talent system really allow for choice where throughput talents are concerned?
    25:02 - Why do tier 14 raids seem to only require 2 healers in 10man instead of 3?
    29:36 - Is it possible to see 5-man content make a return?
    37:31 - Will Brawler's Guild bosses be buffed in 5.2, with the new tier of gear available?
    39:54 - Is letting Wrathion live a bad idea?
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Yelled at somebody in the raid?

"THAT'S A *^&ING FIFTY DKP MINUS!"

Blizzard DID Warn people MoP raids would only need 2 healers. Saddly the post on the forums have been deleted, but MMOChamp still has the post. My 10 man guild seen this and was ready for the change. Ghostcrawler: "the goal is that if your 10-player raid has 2 of any class of healer"

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...309137?page=51

MMOChamp source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...426&viewfull=1
    Last edited by angelflavor; 01-22-2013 at 08:30 AM.
    "Warriors make you sap, Paladins let you sap."

No offense to whomever asked that first question, but if you have to ask if it is fair, you would never get world first anyway, even if progression was some how artificially retarded like you ask. So don't worry about it.

I'd argue that a lot of the fights are 2 1/2 healer fights now. But with so many raid wide cd's and hybrid talents available now the choice is there to either go three healers and use your healers for more dps or 2 healers and use your dps for more healing. The design for this tier seems to revolve around burst AoE damage which is often will handled by some of the new tools DPS classes received in MoP, partially due to the talent system taking out spec specific options.

We tend to run 3 healers and get the extra DPS from HotW, Atonement, and Monk melee. It's perfectly viable for us that way as well.

I love how you rant with the first question and then completely nullify your response in 3 seconds by claiming, "Hmm.. I don't know how I feel about it because I'm not in the 0.1%."

Just funny :P Should have probably thought it out a little more.

On the five man hardcore awesome ideas Lore. I have been missing the old style five man content too and was disappointed with the challenge modes. I had this idea prior to the panada release of something like the old BC five mans where CC was used on trash pulls. I was thinking about slabs and slave pens actually. I find the pull everything in the room and aoe it down a bit skill-less and boring. How can we make it happen?

After playing for 8yrs I don't think I have a main, I have 7 mains. All dps no heals. LFR has been amazing for supporting this model of playing outside of the top tier of raiding. No way I could dedicate myself to a competitive raid guild but it would be amazing fun if it was years ago. People have a great raid environment to play in mop. The only negative aspect to mop for this model is dailys but there not required. Great vid this week.

I have a black dragon mount from OS3D 10, that's one we let live. That counts as canon, right?

Just want to say that I thought Lore's response to my question was well thought out and I'm glad it took time to reason through it.

At one point I raided 6 nights a week in WotLK, 4 days in a 25 and 2 days in a 10 on a regular schedule. During this time I geared to the point of breaking into the top 100 WoL parses for my class as well as hitting 3rd in WoL with significantly less gear than my competition. My raid teams were dedicated and we progressed. I got noticed through WoL and got invited to guilds that were in the top 100 world which I declined because I liked the people I played with. After my 25 broke apart while working on HLK I lost interest in the game after seeing my good friends part ways and never played at that grueling pace again.

After a while I realized that the only thing that separated me from hardcore players was the amount of time they were willing to spend. I chose finishing school instead and I'm glad for it. Maybe others didn't have to make this choice but examining the situation isn't off limits, I don't think even for Lore. He made great points and that's what I think we've come to expect from him.

I find your argument against GOSAC a bit off.

GOSAC is still used by many top ranking warlocks on wind lord, you can play with your pet out and sacrifice it right before the enrage phase to get the best of both worlds.

I think the only fight that comes to mind where GOSAC isn't usually used is WOTE Heroic, and even that's debatable.

I agree that that the lvl 75 warlock tier is good in concept (Single target, burst, sustained-none single target), but the execution is off - tuning on sacrifice needs to be toned down a fair bit, especially since it lets you bypass any pet macro / issues.

There was also a black dragon guy in blades edge mountains that we helped out.
    Last edited by Nagassh; 01-24-2013 at 01:43 AM.

im convinced that half of the 'what if' or 'should blizzard do something like' questions are in reality blizzard employes gatting lore to do their job for them :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I find your argument against GOSAC a bit off.

GOSAC is still used by many top ranking warlocks on wind lord, you can play with your pet out and sacrifice it right before the enrage phase to get the best of both worlds.

I think the only fight that comes to mind where GOSAC isn't usually used is WOTE Heroic, and even that's debatable.

I agree that that the lvl 75 warlock tier is good in concept (Single target, burst, sustained-none single target), but the execution is off - tuning on sacrifice needs to be toned down a fair bit, especially since it lets you bypass any pet macro / issues.

There was also a black dragon guy in blades edge mountains that we helped out.
    I don't know why you'd sacrifice your pet for the burst phase instead of using Service to summon a second pet.

Regardless, they're nerfing Sacrifice (slightly) in 5.2
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

At this point its just server transfer money - I just can't buy that the cohesion of guilds/servers is their real deterrent as there are so many solutions that would ameliorate the problem if they were willing to take the risk of forgoing the money for the longterm benefit of mitigating the effects of entropy on guilds/servers.

Even just making it so that its $25 per transfer instead of $25/$55 per character would be a huge change. I don't know a single player for whom alts aren't a big deal - if it ever was just $25 it probably wouldn't be much of an impediment.

Serinar is the guy in Dragonblight that we actually quest with, and as far as we know, he's still alive. Nalice is the actual ambassador though, and rogues kill her for Wrathion (the Kara part). Sabellian out in Blade's Edge Mountains is also still alive, though being on another planet does help avoid notice.

+ Reply to Thread