+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PST Rapid Fire! Round 6

PST Rapid Fire! Round 6

Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

If the item upgrade vendor is being completely removed in 5.2 how can he spend the valor on upgrades instead?

We will be forced into dalies again if the new gear is comparable to raid gear and either way we still need our 90 Lesser Charms per week.

That announcement had not yet been made when I recorded this at 5pm yesterday.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Indeed, that changes quite a bit. Also, if that chance wouldn't have come in, your math was a little off. Yes, of course you would want to go into 5.3 with 3000 valor banked, but if the rep items are worth it over upgrading Tier 14 gear, wouldn't you want to go in 5.2 with 3000 valor banked as well? That of course would have depended on how good the rep gear was, and if valor wasn't being converted into justice before the crossover.

However, it seems a moot point with the dude being gone. Now you probably want to spend as much valor on upgrading your gear as you can and hit 5.2 with all valor spent, and start buying rep gear post 5.2.

I'm wondering, since there are 2 factions coming in 5.2, one dailies available to everyone and one raiding available to raiders, that perhaps those will provide access to different ways of spending valor. The gear available from dailies would perhaps match the Tier 15 LFR gear, while the gear available from raiders would match the Tier 15 normal gear. That would remove the intensive of raiders being forced to run more dailies (save for charms).

Finally, it makes one think about what kind of effect this will have on the Asian realms. If I understood correctly, the 25 man drops there have the first upgrade included. Would that continue to be, even though there was no other option to get that upgrade? That would make 10 man drops near pointless.

wouldn't you want to go in 5.2 with 3000 valor banked as well? That of course would have depended on how good the rep gear was, and if valor wasn't being converted into justice before the crossover.
    Hasn't this already been confirmed?

Timezones suck, appologies I didn't realise the announcment was made after recording.
    What would your answer have been had you known about the item upgrade vendor being removed before the show?

I believe Blizzard has already stated that the minimum iLevel for the new raid will be 480.

In regards to another class getting Battle Rez. Why not Hunters being that...technically...they already have it. Just make it a Hunter talent instead of a pet talent.

"If i shoot this corpse in just the right spot, it'll bring him back to life..." nah i think shaman Brezzing sounds better. Unless Warriors can some sort of healing spec based off amputating strike,
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    "If i shoot this corpse in just the right spot, it'll bring him back to life..." nah i think shaman Brezzing sounds better. Unless Warriors can some sort of healing spec based off amputating strike,
    http://www.thedailyblink.com/2011/03...-healing-spec/
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

Quote Originally Posted by Thels View Post
    wouldn't you want to go in 5.2 with 3000 valor banked as well? That of course would have depended on how good the rep gear was, and if valor wasn't being converted into justice before the crossover.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    Hasn't this already been confirmed?
    With the vendor gone we can presume that means people want to blow all VP on upgrades pre-5.2, 5.3 will take 8 weeks to release and you'll want capped VP on 5.3 release, that's 5k vp (8k -3) that we can expect to earn and spend with no VP upgrades.

With 5k VP that you need to spend to avoid capping, that's roughly 3 VP items needed from the rep faction - that's how many the 5.0 factions had, so unless there's vastly more you'll want to go in dry, after upgrading your lower level gear - otherwise you'll certainly cap unless there's more than 3 desirable items, and frankly, I'm struggling to expect even 3 desirable items due to itemization.

So, was the phone call important?

Oh, and there's already a mountable Elegon. It drops from Elegon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    With the vendor gone we can presume that means people want to blow all VP on upgrades pre-5.2, 5.3 will take 8 weeks to release and you'll want capped VP on 5.3 release, that's 5k vp (8k -3) that we can expect to earn and spend with no VP upgrades.

With 5k VP that you need to spend to avoid capping, that's roughly 3 VP items needed from the rep faction - that's how many the 5.0 factions had, so unless there's vastly more you'll want to go in dry, after upgrading your lower level gear - otherwise you'll certainly cap unless there's more than 3 desirable items, and frankly, I'm struggling to expect even 3 desirable items due to itemization.
    That assumes the upgrade NPCs would make a return during 5.3. From what I understood, the upgrade NPCs weren't planning on returning?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post

Until now, we have never been able to carry over VP into the next Tier of content. Why should this change now?

Because when VP was converted to JP, the items that cost VP were also converted to JP. Does this mean that all the 5.0 and 5.1 rep gear will cost JP as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Thels View Post
    Because when VP was converted to JP, the items that cost VP were also converted to JP. Does this mean that all the 5.0 and 5.1 rep gear will cost JP as well?
    Is what I was expecting to happen.

Then that rep gear would become the catch up meganism. Even more than earlier in the expansion, newcomers would be forced to grind their way through the rep as fast as they can to get as many 489 items, and queue up for Tier 15 LFR. With the valor cap, there was at least a reason we didn't need all 4 major reps all at once, but since there's no justice cap, catching up will turn into doing all the dailies as fast as you can.

On the contrary, the Dominance Offensive stuff replaces the August Celestials and Golden Lotus rewards, and we are getting another two factions (one dailies, one raid) with rewards, I think that the 5.0 reputation items will be rather obsolete come patch 5.2

Shieldwall/Offensive only replaces some of the items. With those items being 496 they are of course a little more important than the 489 items, but that doesn't make the 489 items completely useless.

And yes, the new factions will have new items, but these new items will cost VP and thus be capped to 1000 VP per week. It will take a while before you are able to buy all of them.

If the 5.0 and 5.1 items meanwhile cost JP, you can grind this as much as you want, so you can certainly give yourself a head's up by getting revered with at least some of the old factions.

Blegh. This just sounds horrible, even though it sounds like that is how they are setting it up. So now, the "catch-up" path will be...

1. Log into your fav gear site and map out which rep items equal your best set
    2. Play daily-craft by yourself for weeks on end to get your rep high enough to buy anything
    3. After falling another month behind because you are locked behind rep requirements, you can now farm five mans for the rest of the JP to finish your set

What happened to the social part of this equation?
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

or alternatively
    1. Run 5 mans to 463 or better
    2. Run MSV LFR or otherwise until 470
    3. Run HoF/Terrace until 480 geared

What happned to dailies?
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

+ Reply to Thread