+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gear choice fury warrior

Gear choice fury warrior

Hi,

I have the choice between different pieces of gear.

Set 1

Stonetoe Spaulders

Garalon's Graven Carapace

Malevolent Gladiator's Plate Gauntlets

Legguards of the Unscathed

Set 2

Pauldrons of Resounding Rings

Battleplate of Resounding Rings

Gauntlets of Resounding Rings

Legplates of Resounding Rings

Which set will gain me more dps? How much value do the tierbonuses have both? Statwise the first set is better or am i wrong?

The 4 set allows recklessness to line up with your skull barrier, it's a huge DPS increase I'm pretty sure.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Okay thnx for the reply. What should dps be for a fury smf in normal raid with ilvl between 485-490?

Depends entirely on the fight. A lot of fights have effects that will modify DPS, And most that don't require some movement, or have adds that can be cleaved to inflate DPS. Assuming none of these factors exist, 80-100K maybe.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Okay what about these bosses normal mode:

The Stone guard (Mogu'shan vaults, first boss)
    Feng the Accursed (Mogu'shan vaults, second boss)
    Imperial Vizier Zor'lol ( Heart of Fear, first boss)

You may find this website helpful: http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Thnx for the website. I was doing some practice on raiddummy with my 487 ilvl fury warrior. In the beginning i got a good burst around 75-80k but the longer i kept on going the lower dps went. I ended at 51-53k dps without execute because i can't use it on the dummy. Is this too low for my ilvl? If i battlelog a raid and place it on worldoflogs could you help me with what i am doing wrong then?

Yes.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

The fury rotation at the moment is pretty complicated, it's far more dynamic than any other rotation I've done, imo. What you press depends a lot on other factors. But ya, post a log and we'll see what we can do for you. Honestly Garajal LFR (or whatever the 3rd boss in MV) is probably a good one to give us. Don't bother taking a totem, just stay on the boss the whole time.

I made a battelog from Garajal like you asked. I do have to say i had a little bit lag and i am a clicker. There were two other warriors that came close to my dps. One had like 20 ilvl less then me and was just 4.4k dps difference. I talked with him he was trying stuff with higher hit. He had like 15.8 % hit. When i checked recount i also saw he had higher crits then but difference is 8% crit between us. I added the links of my char and the log. Really hope you can give me some advice because i am getting frustrated with not doing the dps i should with my gear.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...riessen/simple

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/7rcannuquu9h8twz/

you can't click as fury, get over that RIGHT NOW. Bind your keys and hide your bars or find some like "anti clicking" addon to put over your bars so you can still see them but can't click on them. You have to be able to hit two buttons at the same time due to how HS works and you just CANNOT do that while clicking. That is the #1 thing you can do to significantly improve your DPS.

Okay, actually looked at the log now, ya you've got to start using HS. So.... for a long time I didn't use HS because per rage and per attack WS is better damage, but as I started to weave in HS my DPS went up... perplexingly it, and it has to do with the granularity of rage gen and the fact that sometimes rage per rage HS is BETTER than WS.

So what I did is I made a macro for heroic strike that has /cast Deadly Calm at the front of it so whenever DC is up, I hit it so about every minute I get 3 20 rage heroic strikes.

Keybindings:
    ` = Heroic strike
    1 = Wild strike
    2 = Raging Blow
    3 = Colossus Smash
    4 = Bloodthirst

Now, Bloodthirst is also a macro and I have my trinkets, 'zerker rage, and bloodbath bound to it so that I'm hitting those as much as much as possible. Now technically it is better to micromanage these things, but I pay attention to other stuff like my rotation and boss mechanics and fire, so I like to macro those short cooldown abilities. I have another macro for Recklessness/Skull Banner that I use when I need to blow controlled cooldowns.

Anyways... basically... BT > all, unless you already have 2 stacks of RB then RB > All, if BT isn't up then RB is what you want to hit, then CS, then wildstrike. Whenever you're above about 60 rage and you have either bloodsurge or raging blow up, then also hit HS. If neither of those are up don't hit HS unless you're > 100 rage.

I tend to think of the rotation as "cords". If Bloodsurge and nothing us is up, then I'll dump all 3 bloodsurges inbetween BT's and also spam HS at the same time, so basically I hit 1 and ` at the same time. If I have > 60 rage and RB is up then I also hit HS, so I hit 2 and ` at the same time. Etc. Etc.

3:42 fight like garajal is ideal for the 4set since it gives you one extra recklessness. Upgrade your weapons they're probably the best you'll get for your rate of progress, dancing steel enchants on em and try to get a better trinket carbuncle from brewery or the one from will of the emperor.

I don't see a flask, food or potions in your log not that they're needed for LFR but for good dps you should use em.

Ability usage looks alright but there are a few small things no heroic throw, impending victory and a little bit too much wild strikes and no HS at all, better to save rage for CS and use heroic strike then and just fill empty gcds before CS with heroic throw, shout and IV instead of wild striking without bloodsurge. No heroic leap or heroic leap glyph, leaping around small hitboxes can be a pain but it's free extra damage and with a bit of practice leaping around small hitboxes isn't any problem. Missing one bloodbath 3 instead of 4. Your recklessness is a little out of sink with bloodbath (more then the 1,5 sec you would expect).

I've got skull banner, bloodbath and dragonroar macroed after that I pop CS and recklessness right away.

If you're clicking at least do it in style and get a razor naga and bind heroic strike and berserker rage to your thumbpad
    Last edited by Bigbad; 02-08-2013 at 05:12 AM.

Anyone notice the Necrotic Strike spamming frost DK down with the healers in that log? 0.o
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Thnx for the advice guys. So what i should be doing is:

*No clicking but making macros and use keybinds.
    *Use less WS and more HS.

So my gear is good enchanted, reforged and gemmed? Except the weapon enchants.

@ Bigbad

I thought Ghost Iron Dragonling was a BIS trinket. I have Lei Shen's Final Orders but just RF one. I had Carbonic Carbuncle probably threw it away because i have few spaces in bags. Which one is better then from those two trinkets?

Lei shen's is much better then the dragonling just reforge the haste to crit

Gear looks good for the rest yeah.
    Last edited by Bigbad; 02-08-2013 at 07:51 AM.

Our fury warrior is using Lei Shen's NH (reforged to crit) and Relic of Xuen.

I wouldn't use heroic throw unless you're rage starved, it's a good filler if you screw up your rage gen, otherwise I don't feel like it's a DPS increase, same with things like impending victory (if you spec into it).

@Fetzie i have Skullrender Medallion updated 1 time.

@ Aggathon

So those two major things i named before are what i need to change for dps increase?

+ Reply to Thread