+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Legendary - Get On It

Legendary - Get On It

Video provided by Gamebreaker.TV (World of Warcraft News) | Follow Gamebreaker on Twitter
    Last edited by Lore; 01-11-2013 at 09:59 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

They cant really increase the valor drops from bosses, currently its 40 per boss which equals 640 valor just from bosses, then theres the 45 dailies you need to do for charms which is 225 valor points, added together that is 865 VP meaning you have to gather 135 valor points in order to cap.
    this means that if they increase it by more than 8 VP from each boss you will cap purely from 45 dailies and raids and then we're back at the 'nothing to do outside of raiding' problem.

I'd like to see them bump up valor rewards from random dungeons/scenarios. Would be nice to have a reason to run those. As it is, if I'm planning on valor capping, it's faster to just do more dailies.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Quote Originally Posted by jacobwx77 View Post
    They cant really increase the valor drops from bosses, currently its 40 per boss which equals 640 valor just from bosses, then theres the 45 dailies you need to do for charms which is 225 valor points, added together that is 865 VP meaning you have to gather 135 valor points in order to cap.
    this means that if they increase it by more than 8 VP from each boss you will cap purely from 45 dailies and raids and then we're back at the 'nothing to do outside of raiding' problem.
    How is it better to force us into a couple of heroic dungeons or scenarios that we grossly outgear, or force us into an LFR where we no longer have any upgrades. At this point of the patch, I say let the people clearing all the raid bosses get a pass on Valor capping. One of my guildies said it best when he referred to Valor Capping as an Olympic event.

That said, if they just made it so every dungeon you run gives you 80 valor and every scenario 40, and took away the 'daily' aspect of it, I'd feel better about the whole thing. Getting a group together for a few heroics is way more fun for me than feeling like I have to do it daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Mwawka View Post
    How is it better to force us into a couple of heroic dungeons or scenarios that we grossly outgear, or force us into an LFR where we no longer have any upgrades. At this point of the patch, I say let the people clearing all the raid bosses get a pass on Valor capping. One of my guildies said it best when he referred to Valor Capping as an Olympic event.

That said, if they just made it so every dungeon you run gives you 80 valor and every scenario 40, and took away the 'daily' aspect of it, I'd feel better about the whole thing. Getting a group together for a few heroics is way more fun for me than feeling like I have to do it daily.
    I agree with your last point, for sure. Keep in mind, though, that the fastest cap is actually challenge modes. If you can gather a few people to do heroics...:P even bronze grants 55 valor..

Quote Originally Posted by Endavial View Post
    I agree with your last point, for sure. Keep in mind, though, that the fastest cap is actually challenge modes. If you can gather a few people to do heroics...:P even bronze grants 55 valor..
    I am aware, but the number of people in my guild who are interested in CM's is minimal, so putting those together has proven difficult. We can get a group for the daily together occasionally, but it's far from everyday.

How is this episode's name not "World of Poopcraft" ? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    I'd like to see them bump up valor rewards from random dungeons/scenarios. Would be nice to have a reason to run those. As it is, if I'm planning on valor capping, it's faster to just do more dailies.
    i'd agree, extra rewards from other sources of valor would be welcome idd, i'd also expect them to bump up valor from raid bosses when 5.2 rolls around due to there being less bosses in the tier.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobwx77 View Post
    i'd also expect them to bump up valor from raid bosses when 5.2 rolls around due to there being less bosses in the tier.
    I don't think so. But you will still get Valor from the 5.0 raids, so the overall amount of Valor you can get via raiding might even increase.

If they want it to be a viable catchup mechanism, they're just going to have to remove or at least reduce the lockout timer probably down to daily.

Either way they do it its just going to end up being a grind at least as onerous as the early expansion daily grind was.

Reading Ghostcrawler's tweets, Blizz is mindful of the catch up issue, but they're not going to make it quick like WoLK and Cata - they'll buff the LFR drop rate a bit they said, and entry to new LFR at 480; but outside of that they don't seem inclined to give much more of a hand. They're still not set on Valor from the previous tier. They said at this time they're leaning toward doing it, but it's not set in stone.

I don't think we'll see catch up like the old days until the final tier.

New IP from Blizzard? Is there another Games Workshop IP that they haven't used yet?

Also, if Lore had pig tails they would actually be afro puffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Reading Ghostcrawler's tweets, Blizz is mindful of the catch up issue, but they're not going to make it quick like WoLK and Cata - they'll buff the LFR drop rate a bit they said, and entry to new LFR at 480; but outside of that they don't seem inclined to give much more of a hand. They're still not set on Valor from the previous tier. They said at this time they're leaning toward doing it, but it's not set in stone.

I don't think we'll see catch up like the old days until the final tier.
    Really disappointing if thats the case. The ability to catch up and participate in real raiding without having to spend months+ grinding junk is entirely why i switched from EQ to WoW a couple years back.

A catch up system that's on a weekly lock out and doesn't provide any guarantee is not a catch up system.

This whole moving LFR from "something to enjoy for the casuals" to "something you're running near-mandatory for loot" is quite bothering me.

+ Reply to Thread