+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lei Shi Adds Solutions

Lei Shi Adds Solutions

Hi everybody, last night my raid make some try on Lei Shi, but all dps get troubled to CC the elementals or someone AoE and free all. I see on forums that some raids are one tanking Lei Shi and one tanking all adds, is this way viable? How much that Elementals hit? I only know that his damage is nature.

The tanks are

1 Monk
    1 Paladin(me)

I'm using un-glyphed Shield(40% Magic Damage Reduction), and some try im using Double hand Talent using Hand of Protection on healers.

We are using 2 healers, for try tanking all adds we need one more healer, i think.

Do you have a warlock? Banishing one of the adds is money, can't break the banish, then you could probably just tank the other 2 and the tank on Lei Shei can cooldown through the splashes while you kill the first add perhaps?

I haven't actually done the fight outside of LFR, but that seems like a good strat to me. But if someone else has a better strat probably take their suggestion, heh.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Not sure about on ten man, but we CC them (banish, chain elemental, root etc). You don't really want to be tanking all of them for the 20% adds phase, because the tank on Lei Shi will get wrecked by the splash stacks by the time you can kill the elemental, so you would probably want to swap the boss and the add tank.

If DPS can't be troubled to CC, replace them. if DPS break the CC replace them. In short your DPS sound like meter whores, and whores are only good for one thing.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Yeah, we have:

1 Lock
    1 Shaman
    1 Druid(healer)
    1 War
    1 Rogue
    1 Priest(healer)
    1 Hunter
    1 Mage

Really i think that some players don't have all 10 fingers.

Oh ya, totally Banish and Elemental Chains, and start flogging people that break elemental chains and if the warlock doesn't keep his banish up... donkey punch him.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

I think that part of problem comes from the Raid Leader mark a person cc a respective add, on the first trys we go more far, where all players are CC all Adds, without marks.

DBM should auto mark targets for you, and you can assign the warlock to square and the shaman to X, then kill skull.

I think you get 3 adds at 80 and 40%, and 4 at 60 and 20% on ten man; if you have two hard-CCs and tank the other one/two (use stuns etc) you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    DBM should auto mark targets for you, and you can assign the warlock to square and the shaman to X, then kill skull.
    Yes, that mechanic is so simple >.<

We are swapping aggro on 6 stacks, is that a good amount or we should leave up to 9 and taunt?

We run it up to 9 or 10. 50% cooldown for the boss tank in the protect phase if it runs higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    We run it up to 9 or 10. 50% cooldown for the boss tank in the protect phase if it runs higher.
    2 or 3 healers?

Heal is not the problem anyway, we have a druid and a disc priest.

Sometimes DBM take some time to mark the adds, is viable a fear during this time?

We get some troubles with assists + DBM, he messed all marks, so we leave only one to mark.

We found that the delay on dbm marking was just to much so we CC the furthest two from the boss generally.

Quote Originally Posted by Takethecake View Post
    We found that the delay on dbm marking was just to much so we CC the furthest two from the boss generally.
    We use this method, I found the key to this part is good communication. Dps calling what adds they have cc'd as well as the boss tank calling for a swap if their stacks are getting high. The adds don't move all that fast so if your waiting for the dbm delay or you break one you can run from it till its cc'd or a tank picks it up.

Priests can use the tentacle rape to lock down all the adds, every time, giving DBM enough time to mark and DPS enough time to CC the extraneous adds.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

When you get 4 root or get hunter to block the extra

+ Reply to Thread