+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Some Clarification about Heroic Elegon and Paladin Hand of Sacrifice

Need Some Clarification about Heroic Elegon and Paladin Hand of Sacrifice

Hello guys! My guild will begin Heroic Elegon today and i have this doubt. Im a Prot Paladin, if another player stay outside and get the explosion and im inside the circle and use Hand of Sacrifice, i have two questions:

1) The damage will be lowered? Because the reduction of the skill.
    2) I will get this damage? Because the mechanic says that players inside the circle dont get damaged by the outside damages(or heals).

Another question, what players/class you guys use to get this damage?

Setup of my core:

Paladin Tank
    Monk Tank
    Druid Healer
    Priest Disc Healer
    Rogue
    Warrior
    Shaman
    Mage Frost
    Mage Arcane(or Warlock)
    Hunter

Depending on your guild's DPS you'll have 1-2 Protectors in Phase 1, and 2-3 in Phase 2. 2 Healing, you should probably aim for 1 Protector at the start of the fight and then 2-3 during the 85-50% phase.
    If you're close to beating the spawn of the second Protector in the first phase, just don't DPS them at all and put all DPS into Elegon until he reaches 85% while offtanking the first Protector.
    Also, it's fine to leave up the last Protector at 85% and 50% to use the tank as the soaker, so the DPS can use that time on Elegon and shorten the final phase burn.

If you have 1 in the first phase and 2 in the second normal phase:
    1a: Tank with major CD
    then
    1b: Frost Mage with Greater Invisibility
    2b: Tank with major CD

If you have 2 in the first phase and 3 in the second normal phase:
    1a: Frost Mage with Greater Invisibility
    2a: Tank with major CD
    then
    1b: Arcane Mage with Greater Invisibility (or Warlock with Dark Bargain and Unending Resolve)
    2b: Frost Mage with Greater Invisibility
    3b: Tank with major CD

If you're uncomfortable with using a tank, the Hunter (Glyphed Deterrence) works perfectly fine too. You shouldn't need any external cooldowns for any of the soakers.

+ Reply to Thread