+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Playing Catch-up and Optimal Valor Usage for Filthy Casuals

Playing Catch-up and Optimal Valor Usage for Filthy Casuals

Warning: Long, rambling post.

I started playing MoP a few weeks ago after a 9ish month long break from WoW.

I started off messing around in a horribly inefficient manner: I level my warrior first, ended up hating how it felt and switched back to my Death Knight (which I really enjoy). I then proceeded to exclusively grind Klaxxi reputation for some weird reason, completely ignoring the other reps. You know, stupid stuff like that.

Fast forward, and I've been level 90 on my Death Knight for 2 weeks now. I just finished Terrace of Endless Spring on the LFR, I'm 3/10 and 3/10 into the first step of the Legendary quest, I'm exalted with the Klaxxi, and two days away from being revered with Golden Lotus, and only a couple of days into Dominance Offensive dailies.

I don't expect to get into raiding other than pugging LFR this patch, but I'd really really appreciate some input on how to effectively progress forward.

1)
    As someone who's not in a raiding guild, and pretty much only has access to dailies and LFR, what should I be focusing on? As I said, I'm currently two days away from being revered with the Golden Lotus, focusing on that and the Dominance Offensive rep. Apart from that and getting my "lucky charms" every week and running LFR (still on the first part of the legendary quest) is there anything else I should be focusing on?

2)
    I'm currently at 2000/3000 valor, and going to be maxed this coming week, so I'm wondering about the most efficient way to use this valor. My current thought process, is to run Terrace of Endless Spring three times next week, using all three Elder Charms on Sha of Fear for the weapon (I can do that, right?), and then upgrading that with my valor.
    As far as the rest of my valor goes, should I bother upgrading armor pieces from the LFR, or should I just get the vendor valor gear to replace blues that I have trouble replacing through the LFR, not bothering with upgrades other than my weapon. Considering I have a pretty late start to this patch and valor won't be very abundant, I'm leaning towards the second option. Thoughts or suggestions?

Character profile: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%9Dmir/simple

Anyway, if you made it all the way through my incoherent ramblings: Thanks.

1) both, you'll want to get revered with the shado-pan and August celestials and Exalted with Golden lotus (489 neck quest reward)

2) valour gear is 489, fully upgraded LFR gear is 490, apart from MHs/OHs you can buy valour gear for every slot, which when fully upgraded will be the highest ilvl gear available to you. I'd save your valour forbuying gear and only upgrade the LFR gear for slots you will not replace Trinkets/weapons., you still have a lot of blues, those can be upgraded with JP, do so.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitur View Post
    My current thought process, is to run Terrace of Endless Spring three times next week, using all three Elder Charms on Sha of Fear for the weapon (I can do that, right?), and then upgrading that with my valor.
    Unless I was mislead, you can only use the token on the first kill. If you rerun an LFR where you already have a kill, the token option doesn't even pop up, I believe.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Quote Originally Posted by sifuedition View Post
    Unless I was mislead, you can only use the token on the first kill. If you rerun an LFR where you already have a kill, the token option doesn't even pop up, I believe.
    A guildie of mine blew 4 Greater Coins on LFR Lei Shi this week to get the Tier shoulders for his 4-set.

Wow, wish I had known that before
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

+ Reply to Thread