+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PST - Episode 108

Quote Originally Posted by Gahad View Post
    As someone for whom an epic MOP weapon, let alone sha-touched, has never dropped, I'm not going to feel any sympathy for the QQ of people suffering the inconvenience of a measly 10K gold for having more than one sha-touched weapon.

10K gold is really not all that - it's one crafted epic armor item, it's 10 crafted augments (patches, buckles, scopes etc). Basically, it's 8-10 spirits of harmony. And you can literally farm those in a week.
    "The issue doesn't apply to me and as such is irrelevant."
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

10k for a crafted epic armor item sounds interesting, at least. Yes, you're spending 10k, but you're getting a major upgrade that might otherwise have taken weeks for you to drop (not exactly that piece, but something similar at least). It is also completely optional, unless your raid team demands it.

For the weapons it's different. You have that empty socket there, and the item doesn't feel complete without that gem in there. If you have a blue weapon, and then the LFR weapon drops, likely you're going to gem it, especially if you're not on Sha yet. Even if you're on Sha, it might still take weeks before your Normal weapon drops. Running around with an empty socket feels incomplete.

But then eventually you get your Normal item, and there you go. Now you need another gem, or you're left with the same empty socket, making it practically mandatory to lay down that 10k gold to complete your equipment. More hardcore guilds face the same problem, but then Normal vs Heroic. And if you're a hybrid class and have an offspec to keep in shape, it's insane, as it's not unrealistic to see you need to buy the gem 3 times.

Considering the Sigils kept dropping after I had 10, I kind of assumed that that was the plan. "You want another gem? Sure, give me 10 more sigils of each!" Would've been more interesting than this 10k golddrain.

It's not that of an issue for me personally, as I'm one of the few BS on my server, and the buckles keep on selling, but there's plenty of guildies who don't play the AH and are sitting on like 15k total.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    "The issue doesn't apply to me and as such is irrelevant."
    I don't think that's a fair characterisation of my response. The issue doesn't apply to me currently but it will in future (RNG willing) and I desperately wish it would apply to me sooner rather than later. If I had to deal with the problem caused by having two sha-touched weapons I would be delighted. This is a problem I want.

I just happen to think that 10k gold is not a problem worth bleating about. You can grow 10k on the farm in a week. You could probably grind 10K in one day.

The vast majority of players probably have 10k in the bank already and nothing much to spend it on. Any raiding guild should be able to spot a raider 10k gold for a second gem if you need it NOW for raiding with NOW.

You might as well be complaining about the cost of insuring the second Ferrari you just won in the lottery.

Even if it's doable to farm the 10k as easy as you say it is (and I'm sure it's not on my server, you might have to be on a high pop server for that), is having to spend 10k an interesting problem?

Do you like having the problems because that actually means you have a second Sha-touched weapon? Or do you really like to cough up 10k gold pretty much as a mandatory way to keep your gear in shape?

I honestly seriously doubt the latter. There is nothing interesting at all about suddenly having to caugh up 10k gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Thels View Post
    Even if it's doable to farm the 10k as easy as you say it is (and I'm sure it's not on my server, you might have to be on a high pop server for that), is having to spend 10k an interesting problem?

Do you like having the problems because that actually means you have a second Sha-touched weapon? Or do you really like to cough up 10k gold pretty much as a mandatory way to keep your gear in shape?

I honestly seriously doubt the latter. There is nothing interesting at all about suddenly having to caugh up 10k gold.
    Low pop realm here, gold is frikking easy.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    Low pop realm here, gold is frikking easy.
    That. I manage to take in about 2-3k a week by doing absolutely nothing for it.

+ Reply to Thread