+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot warrior's doing 90k+ dps

Prot warrior's doing 90k+ dps

Im seeing a lot of 90k+ prot warrior logs on worldoflogs.com, im probably topping out at 42k-45k, I was just wondering if anybody knew how this was happening, i assume it has somthing to do with Vengeance.

I auctially even put on dps gear and couldnt tank much higher.

Any idea's?

A good example is Bloodcraze from EU-Stormscale
    Last edited by dazedel8; 12-30-2012 at 04:54 PM.

If this is HC logs you're, it's just due to the insane damage going out, resulting in high vengeance, resulting in high AoE damage etc.
    Our warrior tank does 200K+ on Empress HC, 90K~ on Sha, 100K+ on protectors etc.
    Fights with more damage, more executes and higher uptime on mobs result in incredible damage output from tanks(especially warriors).

Are you the 'main' tank of your guild and on what 'level' does your guild play? 45K is nothing bad on most normal fights, tbh.

Ya I'm the main tank. Well I'm looking at worldoflogs and this warrior did 250k on h- stone guards. There are about 10 of them

Firstly, you get a 100+% damage buff at heroic stone guards. They also probably have the warrior tanking two adds all of the time, I got 180k while only tanking two mobs most of the time. You get a metric ton of Vengeance on that fight, tank damage is very high.

Well on hc stoneguards you get a damage buff and you can cleave the whole fight. Not a good fight to compare single target dps. But in general heroic fights>more vengeance>more dps.

Yeah high tanking DPS is achieved mainly through cheesing... The high logs on Wind Lord are achieved through using a crapload of healers(10 I believe), one tank and no CC on the adds... This will give you a load of vengeance and your DPS will shoot up. On Stone Guard it all depends on how you do the fight, if one tank tanks two adds all the time and your raid really focuses on stacking the buff you can get incredible DPS.

Bottomline, it depends on mechanics, cheesing and vengeance

And bosses also do a marginally larger amount of damage in 25m due to the fact that there should be a dedicated tank healer. (Something you can very rarely afford to do in a 10m) So if you're only doing 10m that's a very slight handicap to you damage output.

In a 5 man dungeon atmosphere, is there any rotational changes that will help DPS?

I am a new 85 prot warrior, using alot of the new MoP crafted tank gear but I am always looking to improve my DPS on the way.

Eat Annialite on H Spirit Kings and wacth the warrior tank dps go through the roof. - 1 million Shield Slams for everyone.

+ Reply to Thread