+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Weekly Marmot - Patch 5.2 First Look

The Weekly Marmot - Patch 5.2 First Look

Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Liked you going through the patch notes, good for people to understand some abit better and saves me the effort.

Was hoping you would comment on this change:

Yoon's Mailbox has been renamed to Sunsong Ranch Mailbox.
    Is this really necessary? I like its current name more. And how will this affect hardcore raiding?

Quote Originally Posted by Korrok View Post

Is this really necessary? I like its current name more. And how will this affect hardcore raiding?
    It's so that when you buy the Ranch, it becomes your mailbox, but they probably can't rename objects to a personal name, so this way it works for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Lore, whom ever got you the Toilet Mug for Christmas is EPIC! I want one now >_< You make me laugh sir. Oh so very much ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Korrok View Post

Is this really necessary? I like its current name more.
    It is no longer Yoon's farm, and the mailbox is no longer on Yoon's land. Therefore it is no longer Yoon's mailbox.

Seems like my question, which was intended as a joke, made actually sense. Ah well ^^

On a more serious note, i was actually surprised Lore didn't mention the warrior TfB redesign. Seems pretty boring to me. Granted it caused a lot of grief in Pvp, but in PvE it was fine i guess (Thank god raid bosses can't complain on the forums).

I really like the episode and enjoyed how it played out. Be interesting to see how it all plays out towards the end of the PTR cycle to see where things shifted from this one.

Just have to make a point on the monk 'extra trinket' ability (i play a monk myself so i might be a bit bias about it :P)
    i came into MoP rolling a monk (lol) and i got the feeling that WOW this class got everything! i cant wait until someone tries to gank me and im going to own them. When that happened, i got stunned and died end of story. my problem with the monk is their vulnerability to all kinds of CC. the class in itself do not have any CC break, i play a Gnome so i can escape a root every 40ish seconds, and then there's the trinket i can use aswell and thats it.

I thought this worked very well, at the very least it'll help preventing you from "running dry" on good ideas and shipping a sub-par Marmot.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobwx77 View Post
    the class in itself do not have any CC break, i play a Gnome so i can escape a root every 40ish seconds, and then there's the trinket i can use aswell and thats it.
    that's most classes, lol
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    that's most classes, lol
    Glyph of the Righteous Retreat (minor)

Who needs more?
    Last edited by Fetzie; 12-28-2012 at 07:44 PM.

Tiger's lust breaks Snares/Roots
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Black Temple was nine bosses, but it came alongside Hyjal with its five bosses and endless trash. Of course, there were no heroic modes, so the time pressures were different.

Adding new content to Brawler's Guild could cause queue times to rocket up, at least temporarily--but for everyone, not just people doing the new content--unless they added a new gate (the [Even More Blood-Soaked Invitation]?). I don't know if that would go over well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    that's most classes, lol
    ice Block, Blink, Divine Shield, Beserker Rage, Cloak of Shadows, Lich borne, icebound fortitude (not exactly CC breaks but grans immunity to them) and Unbound will just to mention some, My point was not the typical 'buff my class nerf everyone else' but i think it is nice to have some way to deal with a stun applied to you through class mechanisms. That said i do believe it would be fair to nerf another aspect of the monk to compensate my thoughts going out to some of their AoE stuns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    Tiger's lust breaks Snares/Roots
    i did not know that, thanks!

Just from what I saw at least in terms of PVE the blade flurry nerf (effectively a removal) seemed the most momentous. Is the tacit assumption that the rate of nerfage is just a placeholder until they figure out what they want to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    I transferred my pally to a pvp server and this is the single greatest glyph ever made.

ICC was 12, Ulduar was 12 + 1, so it's exactly like Ulduar. Except not all bosses in Ulduar had hard modes. In fact they are really following WOTLK there, Naxx was 15 bosses + OS + Malygos, now same size as Ulduar.. the only difference is we have hard modes for everything now.

I prefer having too much content than not enough, except after having 7 and 8 bosses per tier in the full last year and a half, it's kind of hard to ask your raid time to do extended time so you can farm gear from normal bosses. We used to raid 6h/week, there is no way we could do any kind of progression if we did 6h/week this tier, without skipping stuff every week.

12 looks fine to me, hopefully there won't be ton of trash to slow you down though.

Then again, some guilds are already done with all that content and I've never felt so behind in content, even though we're progressing rather well... go figure.

Ulduar was 13+1
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    ... the only difference is we have hard modes for everything now.
    Actually, back then, there was 10man and 25man, sorta the same, with Protectors beings the 3drake OS of T14
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

+ Reply to Thread