+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just getting back question

Just getting back question

I played a priest to 90 then my computer died in a rather spectacular way QQ. I was wondering if someone could give me some advice for making myself attractive to guilds when I start back up again after Christmas. I plan on doing the dailies and heroics but I don't have the time to really farm heroics for gear if rng isn't kind

Darkmoon card trinket isn't that expensive anymore.
    Maybe some 476 or 496 crafted gear if you have the gold for it.
    Klaxxi exalted gives a 489 ring and golden lotus exalted a 489 neck which is much more achievable now since you get double rep after revered with the commendation.
    You can upgrade 463 gear to 471 for 1500 jp, shouldn't be hard to reach the 460 ilvl min for MV lfr and 470 for HoF/terrace lfr this way. And then just run some lfr for gear.

Good luck

You can get a 489 necklace from Klaxxi Honored for 1250 VP, which you will have from merely questing in Dread Wastes while levelling (the reputation, that is).

Don't overlook pvp gear - the pvp stats are not part of the item budget, so it can be good filler for spots you've not been lucky with drops for. Sha of Anger can drop 483 pvp gear (not the main 5 pieces, but others); you should aim to run that every week. It can also drop tier gloves and legs. I'd recommend using a coin for a second chance to loot him. Don't forget to loot him first kill for the quest boots.

The 458 honour gear can be good for some hard to fill spots - e.g. to get a meta gem or maybe shoulders. Tol Barad can be very efficient way to earn honour. Honour seems to come easier to me than justice points atm - you could use it to upgrade 458 gear or convet to jps to upgrade 463 dungeon drops.

What I've tended to do with my characters is use crafted pvp gear (450) to replace any remaining questing greens before going to dungeons. I haven't got a clothie to 90 yet though.

Inscribers could give you a decent staff and tailors 476 chest and gloves.

EDIT: Finally got my clothie to 90. Ugh. Gearing up seems MUCH harder than on my tank. A day blitzing heroics still leaves me at 454 ilevel. I am not sure how I got my tank geared so much quicker - beginner's luck I guess, although it did feel as if a lot more plate than cloth was dropping. Reputation and VP accumulates so slowly; grinding heroics seem the only way to quickly get to LFR ilevel.
    Last edited by theodisius; 12-24-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Thanks for the advice. I had almost forgotten about the pvp gear changes.

Well, the above advice appears to be the way to go. Many things really require a reputation grind. You get a few reps up there, such as the new shieldwall faction or the other horde one and you can walk away with a 496 piece or 3. The goal should really be to get yourself LFR ready and from there gear up to the point where you can raid. If you don't mind healing, things become substantially easier. If you want to be attractive just be a disc priest. lol, But they are doing rather well. If you have a friend or just shout in trade you can just get capped of 2s, if you are healing and don't have much ranking the fights are a joke, you can get 1800 points a week off that which is enough for a 483 of your choosing to fill a pesky slot. Run Sha of Anger weekly. If you are on when Warband is up do that. If you know a tailor or are one yourself you can also craft a fair chunk of gear, just get the Spirits of Harmonies and go to town.

+ Reply to Thread