+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Night Elf racial (quickness)

Night Elf racial (quickness)

In MoP, against raidbosses, you have a reduced chance to parry/dodge/block/be missed. Does this completely negate the 2% increased chance to be missed (NE racial) or am I missing something?

They lowered the hit/exp caps for MoP, which makes it easier for you to cap hit/exp against raid bosses and makes it easier for *you* to hit *them*.

Quickness is a passive defensive boost which has nothing to do with your hit/exp cap, and makes it harder for *bosses* to hit *you*.

Unless I missed something.

If it the mechanics work as they should, you still get the racial, but I do believe the base is now 3%, so you'll only get a 0.5% effective avoidance out of the racial. Would need confirmation though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Protection Warrior Spreadsheet

@Finbarr, the bosses reduces the chance for the tanks to parry/dodge/be missed as I said.
    @Airowird that's what I was thinking, I'll try to find some logs of NE tanks and see if they have actually ever been missed by a raidboss

Answer from the night elf druid standpoint:

Blade Lord Taiyak and Elegon, last weekend. 1055 Melee hits, 448 Dodges (29.8%). No misses.

Weird thing is, though, my other bear tank for the night has 936 Melee hits, 218 dodges... and 7 Misses. Which would back up the notion that Elusiveness does something...

...except she's a Worgen. :P

Only thing I can think of is if her dodge trinket (+3386 Dodge) proc'd when she had Savage Defense up and maybe pushed Hit off the table. If that's even possible...

-Tielyn

+ Reply to Thread