+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Night Elf racial (quickness)

Night Elf racial (quickness)

In MoP, against raidbosses, you have a reduced chance to parry/dodge/block/be missed. Does this completely negate the 2% increased chance to be missed (NE racial) or am I missing something?

They lowered the hit/exp caps for MoP, which makes it easier for you to cap hit/exp against raid bosses and makes it easier for *you* to hit *them*.

Quickness is a passive defensive boost which has nothing to do with your hit/exp cap, and makes it harder for *bosses* to hit *you*.

Unless I missed something.

If it the mechanics work as they should, you still get the racial, but I do believe the base is now 3%, so you'll only get a 0.5% effective avoidance out of the racial. Would need confirmation though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

@Finbarr, the bosses reduces the chance for the tanks to parry/dodge/be missed as I said.
    @Airowird that's what I was thinking, I'll try to find some logs of NE tanks and see if they have actually ever been missed by a raidboss

Answer from the night elf druid standpoint:

Blade Lord Taiyak and Elegon, last weekend. 1055 Melee hits, 448 Dodges (29.8%). No misses.

Weird thing is, though, my other bear tank for the night has 936 Melee hits, 218 dodges... and 7 Misses. Which would back up the notion that Elusiveness does something...

...except she's a Worgen. :P

Only thing I can think of is if her dodge trinket (+3386 Dodge) proc'd when she had Savage Defense up and maybe pushed Hit off the table. If that's even possible...

-Tielyn

+ Reply to Thread