+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: How much Stamina is enough Stamina?

no i was in tank but i wont always log out each day in Blood, sometimes i log in Unholy. But atm i am in Blood and will probably stay that way til 11pm EST 2/19

disregard the garalon data but hers the data on a full 10 MV clear. Plz note that on Kings i go dps.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7nmy63sb7ja9vhqw/

I'm looking just at the willy fight as it shows me how you use your abilities. First off you're disease uptime is very low. Secondly you're averaging 18 seconds between Death Strikes which means you're sitting on your runes or using D runes for HSs either of which is bad. You want to keep one FU pair cycling constantly with deathstrikes and leave the other FU untouched so you always have a DS to pick yourself up with. and using your Blood pat at 10 stacks to bring back a DD pair for extra DSs. Heart strikes you want much in the same vein.

I'd consider dropping alot of avoidance into hit/exp especially reforging on pieces that are avoidance/mastery just to help out with your taunt swaps. Though given your current playstlye Mastery is considerably Devalued.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

First off you're disease uptime is very low.
    your*
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

i only really use DS when i need, well HP back or if i know a boss is about to hit with a big physical attack. Probably not good tactics but when 1 or 2 DS can put me back up to fullish then i dont spam it. I use the icebound, anti-magic shell and vampic blood glyphs on none magical dealing boss should i swap Anti-Shell for Outbreak. I mean building up runic power is not a problem for me. I generally dump runic power into Strike to keepblood tap up to atleast 10 stacks. (gives me 2 oh shit options)

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
    i only really use DS when i need

On a fight like Will where (assuming you don't suck at dancing) your damage intake should be fairly consistent (and high) not using DS fluidly puts a hell of a lot of stress on your healers and makes you a bit of a mana sponge. Trust me, if you use DS the way Teng described, you will find yourself in an "Oh shit" moment less and less often. And your healers are going to be considerably happier with you.
    And looking at your log of Feng, i'm not at all surprised you have problems holding threat, you used DS 14 times. Along with helping you mitigate damage DS hits like a truck. So not using it properly is like trying to hold threat with one hand tied behind your back. And also as Teng mentioned you need to work on better disease up-time. I've seen worse than 85% up-time but i've also seen a lot better.
    Last edited by Gregasaurous; 02-21-2013 at 05:00 AM.

Well i tried some reforging and i have a log update http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-d9...ses&boss=63664. I didnt have an agro problem when he turn off his RF this time, unlike the last time we attempted blade lord. However i would like to get the point where turning on/off RF is not required. Did notice my Dot uptime was low but i wanta say i lost a bit of time during P2 but i can always do better. Any suggestions are helpful...hell even dps suggestion on first HoF boss is nice as well

You are never going to get to the point where the other tank doesn't have to ease off a little on taunt swaps, that just how vengeance works. But yeah there's a massive gap midway through the fight for your disease, that's really bad, i mean missing a couple of seconds each time they expire would be almost there, but that gap just bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, your first priority for threat (and minimizing damage taken) is keeping your disease up as much as possible, you need to get an add on or something to track them better.
    MoP RPS Calculator

yea i just did a detail look yea i have no clue why i had a 2min no dps point

Ignore that I totaly overlooked it was 2 attempts so the gap in the middle is the time between the first wipe and the second pull, but looking at the second attempt yeah thats stilll a really big gap.
    MoP RPS Calculator

looking at it i thing 22:12 is Phase 2 transition, and 22:13 is "platform" change. But i can be wrong. however i have noticed my dot time on dps mode is 98.5% and tank mode is only 81.5% average...weird. normally. Today i was at the 88.1% range.

TBH I'd get yourself to 7.5% Hit and Expertise, so that your Outbreaks and Blood boils never fail to connect. It really makes diseases rediculously easy to manage via Roiling Blood.Looking at your toon, you're reforging out of mastery into haste, thats prolly good for threat but not that good, i'd drop the haste to finish off your hit/exp caps. I'd also sor t out your enginnering glove Tinker. Tinkers stack with ENchants, so you can have your sha armour kit AND Phase Fingers/Synapse Springs II
    MoP RPS Calculator

u sure about the tinker? its always been either tinker or enchant u couldnt have both

since wrath you've been able to stack them. The enginnering profession bonus IS the Hand tinker., the belet tinkers tend to be more of a laibility, and the back tinkers are of no real benefit to raiding.
    MoP RPS Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    the back tinkers are of no real benefit to raiding.
    Depending on the instance it helps run back faster ^_^

Oh... wait was I supposed to say something that was actually helpful?
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Yeah, Disease up-time still needs a bit of work. Ability usage looks a little better, though is still in need of improvement. I believe (and somebody correct me if I'm wrong) that Death Strike and Rune strike should both be above your diseases in damage done.

so ur saying i canhave +170 mastery to gloves and a rocket launch on them as well?

Yes, though usually the rocket launchers aren't worth using as there are much better Tinkers availble such as the Phase Fingers (dodge CD) or Synapse Springs (Primary stat CD).
    MoP RPS Calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    Yes, though usually the rocket launchers aren't worth using as there are much better Tinkers availble such as the Synapse Springs (Primary stat CD).
    Fixed that. You get almost 1:1 str to parry when raid buffed, and it diminishes less strongly than dodge.

If you're not running a dodge trinket and have a,ot of parry on gear , sometime sits worth going for the dodge, But generally your right.
    MoP RPS Calculator

in terms of dodge and parry i was always told its a 1:2 relationship. Dodge should be half the parry value sinces it dims so quickly. Ill just have to play arround with it got "3" different tank gear set up now depending on if i need more hp,mastery, or balance.

+ Reply to Thread