+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frost Bomb and premature explosion.

Frost Bomb and premature explosion.

I have been using Fire blast in my rotation in conjunction with frost bomb, using the glyph of a fireblast to prematurely explode my frost bomb, based off of noxxic's recommendations. Most people frown upon Noxxic, but so far it's the only site I've seen that can provide a good starter for any class for pve or pvp. Fact is, many top mages on my server claim that, according to elitistjerks, premature frost bomb pops cause a 50% reduction in damage dealt by frost bomb on the target, and I have seen other mages demonstrate this before. The problem is that, no matter how many time I do this on my mage, I cannot reproduce similar results. Both rotations, one including fire blast, the other excluding it, produce about the same damage output from frost bomb, and similar DPS.

What's the big deal here? Which side is correct?

Am I doing something wrong on my mage? Character is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/chogall/Tarinkowt/advanced

And crap armory has me saved in my pvp stuff >> I guess wait for it to update my pve stuff....
    "Listen up, baddies" was the first three words those 3 from the same guild on another server said to us. We later wiped on trash.....twice.

They recently ... well...now that's confusing...allow me to explain my OWN confusion:

On December 11th they hotfixed, well this:

Mage
    • When Fire Blast modified by Glyph of Fire Blast is used to detonate a Frost Bomb, the resulting Frost Bomb now deals 50% less damage.
    But then today they did this:

Mage
    • Mage Frost Bomb will now detonate after 4 seconds (was 6 seconds), and the damage it deals to other players has been reduced by 20%.
    Now, the second hotfix MAY have reverted the "premature detonate does 50% less damage" nerf in favor of the new change...but it's not really immediately clear to me if that's the case or not. Based on your post, I'm guessing it probably is, but it wouldn't hurt to get a clarification.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

Disregard....note to self...target dummies are inaccurate dps measures.

At this point I really don't know what's going on, after your information provided.
    "Listen up, baddies" was the first three words those 3 from the same guild on another server said to us. We later wiped on trash.....twice.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/792...m_campaign=wow

Ok the way I'm interpreting both of these is that Glyph of fire blast still reduces dmg done by 50%, and now it does an additional 20% less damage to players.

Which means pvp wise, frost bomb has been weakened greatly because it'll always deal 20% less dmg to players. If you pop it early, it totals to 70% less damage, but if you don't, you run the risk of it being dispelled.

-_- They keep nerfing both my 90s (mage and warrior)

Its not quite that bad, percentages stack muliplicatively, So a pre detonated Frost bomb will actually deal against a player 40% of the damage a non pre detonated would against an NPC.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

+ Reply to Thread