+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PST - Episode 106

PST - Episode 106

This week:
    0:19 - How can I use World of Logs to improve myself as a tank?
    6:01 - What recommendations do you have for appointing a new Raid Leader?
    11:49 - Should there be more ways to earn Lesser Charms?
    15:54 - What do you think Titan is going to be?
    19:42 - Does having content available for testing on the PTR ruin the "new" feeling?
    25:42 - Why aren't there more ways to earn gear in MoP?
    30:48 - How does the valor upgrade system affect gearing up off-specs?
    38:07 - Why don't all the changes always make it into the patch notes?
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Thing is though, Blizzard wanted to give raiders more stuff to do in WoW. Other than raiding that is.. And they did, but atm we are in a point where if you did all the stuff daily, you just have nothing to do. You have a lot of lesser charms, you have maxed pet battle pets(not all but enough to make it dull), you have golds from challenge modes, you have enough food to last till next raid tier, you got bank full of mats. That atm is possible and at least for me has happened.. I just find nothing to do in WoW atm than level alts and do old content for mounts. Now ofc this is the very very very very small minority that am apart, but can see more and more people coming to same point where there is just nothing to do. And farm raids last for 1 day, sure you can do alt runs all week long but still thats just burning the content down faster, making it another DS syndrome where you just become very bored of running the same instance(s) over and over again.

"To all the players that complain about the game but still play it....SHUT UP"

Brilliant.

"To all the players that complain about the game but still play it....SHUT UP"

Is it weird that MMO-Champion forums just instantly comes to mind when I heard that.

I mean everyone has the right to complain or get bent out of shape once in a while but damn some people need to learn to put a lid on the hate. For sure if you have 10k posts on the forums and respond to every single thread on the board about WoW but then claim not to play.

To be clear: complaints themselves are not really a bad thing (if there's something you don't like about the game you otherwise love, it's totally okay to talk about it).

I just get annoyed at the people who do nothing but trash the game constantly and whine about how "bad" it is, yet obviously enjoy it enough to keep playing.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

When I used to play, I had your typical complaints about class and stuff like that. Things that were pretty pointless to argue about because honestly, you play the game and you deal with the cards you are dealt.

When I realized i was just not having fun anymore, I didn't trash the game. I just stopped...paying for it. What a concept. Simple: If you're bitching THAT much and yet you're still playing, maybe you should re-evaluate what you're doing and either a) stop bitching because it annoys people or b) stop playing because it's making you "that" miserable.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

I'm a tad worried about the VP upgrade system having swung too far from the "VP is useless" in Cata, to being essential - extra ilevels with no limit means VP capping is more mandatory than reputations, it's as mandatory as food and flasks.

While I'm all for doing work outside of raids, I enjoy doing my dailies (boo-hiss), I'm worried how tiresome VP might be to farm when you've reached the point where MV is off the raid roster in favor of more progression raiding and LFR is obsolete. Running old LFR and Dungeons for VP every week until the end of the tier will get old fast (and repeating it next, new LFR wings might be refreshing, but dungeons will be long since stale).

Would feel much less "forced" if they go with the "only upgrade the previous tier" system.

I get a bit sick of the complaining and continuing playing ppl too. Lore said what I'm sure heaps of ppl are thinking. It's even worse when they aim their criticism directly at a specific group of people. I heard one guy say WoW is for mums and little kids. I am a mum and have played for 7 years it was awful hearing that some people think that women who have children playing a game means that the game has lost credibility in the gaming community. Sexism is alive and thriving apparently.

Idiocy is alive and thriving.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

It's a bit like going to a restaurant and ranting loudly about how much the food sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    It's a bit like going to a restaurant and ranting loudly about how much the food sucks.
    And then going back to said restaurant weekly!

Quote Originally Posted by Krinsta View Post
    I heard one guy say WoW is for mums and little kids.
    It was likely a little kid who said it.

I watched the video - I agree with you Lore pretty much.

I do though remember vanilla before guides and strats were really prolific, it seems all the way up to some TBC my guild didnt use alot of guides... Later we used... Tankspot whenever that was vailable actually was our go to Guide place.

JUts seem to remember a time frame from vanilla to maybe Kelthuzad where strats were not really "accessible" as now.

I just know the feeling we got killing the Bosses in MC and BWL completely blow away whatever it is we feel now.

I just think having to REALLY figure fights out was part of it

The reasons I submitted was im hearing "PTR" this and PTR that.... im like.... just go figure it out its kinda LIKE FUN to do so

So many current raiders IMO are lazy.

Current fights are so much more complex nowadays. MC was a series of patchwerk bosses with one other mechanic. Stone Guards normal is more complex than any fight in Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    To be clear: complaints themselves are not really a bad thing (if there's something you don't like about the game you otherwise love, it's totally okay to talk about it).

I just get annoyed at the people who do nothing but trash the game constantly and whine about how "bad" it is, yet obviously enjoy it enough to keep playing.
    Over very long periods of time maybe. After investing years of progression/learning in a MMO its a big loss to just walk away, so often I've stuck around in games to see if it gets better. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't but in some circumstances it can be quite rational to temporarily play a progression-focused game you're not having fun with in the hopes that it will in the future. "Just come back later" doesn't work at all as you fall behind if you aren't keeping up, and for many people like me the game isnt fun when you're having to play catch up (and nor is that an easy proposition).

I have had to take two breaks from WoW and the game wasn't fun at all when I came back until I had invested time into catching up. Right now because of another work-related issue I've been unable to make any raid times so I've just been running LFR and capping valour each week - its not that I find it fun its just that it would be even more miserable trying to catch onto a group when (hopefully) my work circumstances change and I can try to really raid. Finding a raid group with at least a modicum of gear is a much more pleasant proposition than trying to start from the ground up especially given how badly this tier has killed off PUGs.

Also, it's not like there are other "better" options out there. It's one thing to say if you don't like what Coke has done, then drink Pepsi or store brand "soda" or something. You can be VERY frustrated with the game and changes that happen but feel like there's not another option that suits you better. I felt this way about D3. Admittedly, I still preferred discussions that were constructive in trying to find out what was REALLY wrong and options to fix it. Those same threads were often labeled as "whining" anyway by others.

When a game has never been another way, you can say "I wish" and let it go to just enjoy the game as it is. When it is a case of a game changing for the worse, then due to investment and/or a lack of options, it can really lead to a situation where you whine but you don't want to leave.

Having said that, I do have some sympathy for those who don't like to hear whining all the time. And we all know that there are some people who will whine no matter what. I obviously don't have sympathy for them. I just mean to say you have to be careful about applying the "whiner" tag and make sure the situation doesn't warrant the behavior. What if battletags weren't whined about until Blizz redacted the change of including real name/email type info?
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

This is how you pick a raid leader:

Narrow it down to two people.
    Have them fight to the death.
    The winner gets to be dead, and the loser has to be the raid leader.

+ Reply to Thread