+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thoughts on Expertise reforging

Thoughts on Expertise reforging

Hi everyone,

I am in a little conundrum. I have a SMF orc warrior. Who currently has equipped, Elegion, the Fanged Crescent(Normal) in my main hand and Scimitar of Seven Stars (LFR) in my off hand.

Is it a strong choice to be under expertise cap on my off hand or over cap on my main hand?

I'm not entirely sure on this as I am still playing arms but I believe being capped on your offhand is important due to either wild strike or raging blow (just woke up, can't remember which one) is a hit with the offhand. Like I said though, i'm not sure and have no real numbers to back it up, just a gut feeling.

If you were to overcap, how much rating are we talking about "wasting" on the main hand?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

340 rating is 1% expertise.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

that's not really that much rating, that's barely more than a single expertise gem.

If hitting with your offhand is important at all, might as well go over, but on the other hand the odds of missing with your offhand when you're that close are pretty slim too. Either way I don't think it will make a huge difference either way.

Like the poster above, I have no numbers on this, just gut feeling.

Reroll Goblin so you don't have to worry about it? lol.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Either way I don't think it will make a huge difference either way.
    I know, as an enhancement shaman in past expansions (who also have an offhand special), we didn't bother to cap expertise in the offhand. I'm not even sure it even LOOKS at your offhand for Wild Strike (or Lava Lash).

I'd suggest skipping it for now...look at some logs...see if you see a dodge. I'm doubtful it'll even happen, much less be worth capping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Any plan that doesn't call for the end of the world or the extinction of the human race isn't a good plan

+ Reply to Thread