+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raid team moving into HoF

Raid team moving into HoF

Our raid team is looking at moving into HoF come the new year, but I can't seem to nail down what exactly we should be asking of everyone as we go into HoF. If anyone can help, or point me in the right direction I would give you a big Thank You! We are looking at it pretty straight forward right now. I am hoping to find out how much dps/hps we should be asking for. I understand that is not the be all end all for raiding, but I need something definitive so that people have goals. Our tanks are both 484/485 ilvl, beyond that I don't know a good way to judge them.

Thanks,

PN

If you can clear Elegon, you have enough to start working on HoF.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    If you can clear Elegon, you have enough to start working on HoF.
    This.
    The first time we did first boss HoF was straight after an Elegon kill. The week after we had MSV on farm & were wiping on the last phase on Blade Lord. Will (imho) is just glorified trash and if you have the DPS for Elegon and they can move at the right time, Blade Lord isn't that far off (hint: a Druid's Stampeding Roar helps, and moving all but the tanks in the slipstream to the other side at -% health makes it far easier, especially if your tanks are warriors with second wind who basicly can't die in 40 seconds)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

We had raiders rage quit the guild because we insisted on spending one night a week on Elegon rather than fully investing in HoF. Would you say that NOT being able to down Elegon is a sign that you will struggle in HoF?
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Not necassarily, we downed Zor'lok before we downed Elegon. So far we've spent more time on elegon than any other boss so far in HoF.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Zor'lok is a test of your healers, elegon a test of your dps.

Quote Originally Posted by sifuedition View Post
    We had raiders rage quit the guild because we insisted on spending one night a week on Elegon rather than fully investing in HoF. Would you say that NOT being able to down Elegon is a sign that you will struggle in HoF?
    we downed the first boss of HoF just after gara'lon.

vizier is a very easy fight, but relies heavily on raid awareness. the healing requirements are very low (easily 2-healed), and as long as your raiders can stay alive until the end, you will get a kill. if you have people who struggle with spirit kings, they'll have trouble with him as well.

just started blade lord, and phase 1 is very straightforward. need to clean up phase 2 a little, but again it's raid awareness and being able to dodge tornadoes that's the key to success.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    Zor'lok is a test of your healers, elegon a test of your dps.
    After they nerfed Zor'lok, it's not really a healer test anymore. It's definitely more a raider-awareness check. Can you avoid rings without getting hit? Can you make it into your bubble in time? Can you break out the MCed people fast enough etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliandrix View Post
    After they nerfed Zor'lok, it's not really a healer test anymore. It's definitely more a raider-awareness check. Can you avoid rings without getting hit? Can you make it into your bubble in time? Can you break out the MCed people fast enough etc.
    Didn't they only nerf the heroic mode version of the fight (in particular the heroic only ability in Phase 2?)

They mega nerfed the Force and Verve damage, it was never mentioned on any official posts or hotfix/patch posts though.

+ Reply to Thread