+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury Warrior DPS help

Fury Warrior DPS help

Hey all, I'm looking for any advice/help on fury warrior use of CDS's and rotation. I've noticed that in various fights in MSV that I'll be doing roughly 15k under another fury warrior w/ almost the same gear and use of talents/glyphs. I used simcraft and I usually end up doing 15k under as well. I don't have a current WoL to link, my armory is http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rikur/advanced

I've basically been starting with BT, then using CS when available and using WS and RB when they proc.

Any specific advice on rotation and/or combination of warrior CD's would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    Your ego is writing checks your body can't cash

So just something I noticed right off the bat, you are SMF, but you are using the stat priorities for TG. Changing gems out of crit and into more strength will help a bit, though not 15k worth.

The reason for this is that as SMF you are going to be hitting almost twice as often as you would if you were using TG, making the odds of you getting a crit higher as SMF over any amount of time. Crits cause you to be enraged, which then causes you to do 10% more damage. The problem is that you don't hit for nearly as much damage as you would if you were TG, so strength adds the extra punch there. When you are going TG, you are already hitting f'n hard with two 2-handers, but bad luck can cause you not to get a crit for a while since you attack much slower. Thus, TG stacks crit to avoid this.

Another easy (but somewhat time-consuming) thing you can do is get either of the strength 463 blue trinkets from heroics; either Carbonic Carbuncle or Lessons of the Darkmaster. Despite their lower ilvl, their functions and stats are more beneficial to you slightly more than the LFR Final Orders. (again, not going to make a 15k difference, but still an easy fix)

Without a WoL recording both you and this other warrior I can't really say what you are doing right or wrong, but these are just a couple simple things you can fix in the meantime, along with studying fights and timing your cooldowns to maximize damage.
    Hunters never die, they just choose to commit suicide. Often.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd13Mac View Post
    So just something I noticed right off the bat, you are SMF, but you are using the stat priorities for TG. Changing gems out of crit and into more strength will help a bit, though not 15k worth.
    Stat priorities for TG and SMF are relativly the same. Both should gem crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd13Mac View Post
    The reason for this is that as SMF you are going to be hitting almost twice as often as you would if you were using TG, making the odds of you getting a crit higher as SMF over any amount of time. Crits cause you to be enraged, which then causes you to do 10% more damage. The problem is that you don't hit for nearly as much damage as you would if you were TG, so strength adds the extra punch there. When you are going TG, you are already hitting f'n hard with two 2-handers, but bad luck can cause you not to get a crit for a while since you attack much slower. Thus, TG stacks crit to avoid this.
    This is misinformation. Fury only enrages from Bloodthirst and Colossus Smash crits (Enrage), as SMF uses CS and BT just as often as TG, assuming similar crit rates they will have similair enrage uptimes over a given length of time if unaffected by RNG.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

The only real advantage I have experienced with TG is in aoe, especially with raging wind glyph. In execute phase I have experienced higher damage from SMF. This is all personal anecdote though, and may not necessarily be optimal. Gearing with the best weapons available until you have the ability to chose by situation would probably be your best bet.

Thank you all for the replies. If any of you get a chance could you give me a basic run down on your basic fury warrior rotation and when you pop your cooldowns and/or combine them? I've been practicing and noticed great improvement in my overall dps in fights, however if one of you have the time to just get the basics down on here that'd be awesome. I've checked out various guides of course which are helpful but I've always found tankspot to be an excellent source to improve gameplay.
    Your ego is writing checks your body can't cash

CDs are stronger when combined. so somtimes it best to dealy one if it means you can line it up with another, the only caveat is that you should never delay a CD to the point that you sacrafice using it, for example skull banner is a 3minute CD, recklessness is a 5 minute CD. in a 12minute fight you are going to be able to get 4 skull banners and 3 recklessnesses; skull banner at 0:00, 3:00, 6:00: 9:00 and recklessness at 0:00, 5:00, and 10:00. however if you dealyed recklessness by 1 minute the second time you used it, you would still get 3 in during the fight at 0:00, 6:00 and 11:00 but now two of them line up with your Skull banners. However if the fight is only say six minutes long you're only ever going to get two recklessness and delaying it to line up with skull banner would mean you'd only get 1 recklessness the entire fight instead of 2. the other thing to keep in mind is that if there is some sort of Burst phase where you need to time your CDs round you should plan accordingiy, like say a tendon phase on spine, orjust returning from the other world on garajal, or the execute phase. as warriors do a hefty amount of damage in the execute phase it is often a good idea to make sure our CDs alighn during it.

the basic priority is

0. Heroic strike: this isn't really part of the priority since its off the GCD, but use it to stop yourself capping rage.
    1. Bloodthirst: this enrages you, and procs all the other nice things, never delay a Bloodthirst, not for anything.
    2. Bloodsurged wildstrikes: due to lowering the GCD, if you don't use all 3 charges in a row you will end up delaying a Bloodthirst, which is bad
    3. Colossus smash
    4. Execute
    5. Raging Blow
    6. Battle/Comanding Shout
    7. Heroic Throw, Impending Victory, Dragon Roar,Stormbolt, sunder armor, anything to fill empty GCDs that isn't an un bloodsurged wild strike
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

+ Reply to Thread