+ Reply to Thread

Thread: On the matter of recklessness and soft caps

On the matter of recklessness and stat caps

So, I'm coming back to WoW after a little under 2 years, and I'm trying to adjust to the new talents and abilities and I had some questions.

Is Glyph of Recklessness worthwhile? It only seems to be giving an additional 3 crits every 5 minutes.
    Let me know if I got any of the numbers here wrong:
    Normal Recklessness=12 seconds with 50% chance to crit.
    Glyphed Recklessness=18 seconds with 30% chance to crit.
    Assume everything is off CD so you can start casting special attacks immediately; normal has enough time for 8 specials, and glyphed has enough time for 12.

Now let's assume that recklessness has pushed you up to the max crit chance against the boss at 71% (not sure if that number is correct, or even possible to reach, in MoP).
    The average number of crits you could expect to get is 5 with normal recklessness and 8 with glyphed recklessness (I rounded down).
    Even against a raid boss, 3 additonal crits every 5 minutes seems kind of meh.
    *shrug*

Also, can anyone point me to a resource that explains the stat caps for Fury and Prot warrs in MoP?
    Last edited by Jjvalour; 12-01-2012 at 12:17 PM.

The ~71% thing is taking into account glancing Blows, only whiteswings are capable of glancing, the special attack crit cap is 104.5% against level 93s. the reason fury warriors like to take the glyph is that Bloodthirsth has double the base line chance to crit and Fury stacks crit so its baseline crit against 93s is often above 20% so with an unglyphed recklessness you get 2 BT crits and 9.5s of enrage uptime, with glyphed recklessness you get 4 BT crits and 18s of enrage uptime, in all other respects the glyph doesn't really change anything, both average out at around 2% more crit over the course recklessness's CD

hit cap for both prot and fury is 7.5% (Fury will still benefit from further hit but not really worth bothering with) , expertise cap for fury is 7.5%and for prot is 15%. The first soft crit cap for fury is 52.25%
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

You don't want the recklessness glyph since it's more important to crit while CS & bloodbath are up then have 1-2 more crits 10 secs later. At least that's what I've read not done any math on it myself

simcraft shows otherwise.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

+ Reply to Thread