+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How does the RNG in LFR work?

How does the RNG in LFR work?

Am I just rolling for the chance to get a piece of gear period? Or am I automatically rolling against others that could win the same gear as me?

I'm a mage, and I swear 2 whole weeks of LFR and I haven't gotten a single new piece of LFR gear. I've been stuck at i470 for so long, and a spriest guildie of mine got 480 super quick and is now outdpsing me.

Then again for classes that don't use cloth, the crafted 476 gear is more expensive so...idk if Blizz aims to get casters into LFR quicker but into 10m/25m slower than they got into LFR, then make it hard for nonclothies to get into LFR, thus giving them few ppl to compete with on the RNG so it somehow evens out in some twisted fashion?
    "Listen up, baddies" was the first three words those 3 from the same guild on another server said to us. We later wiped on trash.....twice.

There is no loot competition in LFR, you down a boss you have small chance of gear, irrelveant of how many other palyer there are in the group or what gear they use.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Since lfr has released in MoP, I have had 5 drops total. That is running my paladin since the first week until 3 weeks ago. Then running my paladin and my lock for two weeks and only my lock this week. Three of those drops were in one run on my pally (non-tier chest and hands and a trinket) about two weeks before I got my lock in. The other two were my first week on my lock (neck and belt).

My lfr luck has been like this since it was introduced in cata. I really don't ever expect to get any gear from lfr. It just drops too rarely for me. I think of it as purely a way to get valor.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

so it would seem. I'm an i470 frost mage and can pull 40-50k pretty easy...kinda wanting to take my chances with 10M normal MV, but do the fights change from the LFR or just like the difference between soda and diet soda?
    "Listen up, baddies" was the first three words those 3 from the same guild on another server said to us. We later wiped on trash.....twice.

They significantly change for some of the fights. LFR so far basically lets you ignore all the mechanics. Those will become important in normals.

My 471 ret pally does about 60k in normals. My 467 lock does about 45-55. I'm pretty consistently higher in lfr as I don't have to move as much and can just pew pew. As far as damage, you are probably ok but there is room for improvement. I know that I need to get better with my lock, but I haven't played it much before now. I was merely keeping it at max level and then stopping until a few weeks ago and the guild asked me to switch so I'm still learning it.

As far as simulators, frost mage is showing well. As far as raid log parses, frost is pretty consistently at the bottom.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Quote Originally Posted by STBU View Post
    so it would seem. I'm an i470 frost mage and can pull 40-50k pretty easy...kinda wanting to take my chances with 10M normal MV, but do the fights change from the LFR or just like the difference between soda and diet soda?
    MSV 10/25 normal is tuned for ilvl463
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

+ Reply to Thread