+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury MOP Mechanics explained

Fury MOP Mechanics explained

On this post I'll cover basics MOP fury mechanics. We can go more practical later.

For 8 yrs I been Fury, Flurry has pretty much determined our prio on stats.
    This link here used to be 'after crit -> flurry; wich means you get 3 swings on flurry after proc meaning you need 33% crit min to keep it always up as AVERAGE.
    So stats prio was pretty clear; STR +CRIT +HIT all equally. This all changed on cata wich now dated the link you got overhead and you got chance to get flurry regardless of stats prio or Crit (as long as ur exp and hit are specials capped; -wich always are ofc? .

For a moment this was relaxed setting during Cata and overall, fury gameplay was fixed for cata to be more intresting then ever before allowing personal aproaches for stats prio.
    (You could go max stats with low hit making big special hits or steady high hit almost hard capping)

I been roughly ~6+ months on beta MOP as fury and from that and current exp I can say is that from Vanilla -tbc times, fury only been getting more and more intresting class to play from expansion to another. (It was a bit boring at the 2 first). Fury always been the most dynamic spec from most dynamic class when it comes to stats and upgrades since they rly affect the gameplay (rotation) drastically. Now the good news is that MOP rly takes the cake! Fury is far more exciting to play then never before and they finally found way to avoid 1 stat prio. Solution was to bring up second flurry like effect to addition to first one. And so that effecting it's proc to happen more often, you got to gear for making it hit harder.
    So addition to Flurry you also got new ability Enrage.

Crit will make it proc more often from Bloodthirst and the effect is more effective via mastery wich yelds 1% to 1% ratio more dmg while enraged. Example with my 15% mastery I get 15% more dmg whilst enraged.

So high crit, good mastery, and eventually hit; they all sum up. I can imagine Fury will be nerfed after 2nd tier (first tier giving haste wich is not usable alone without great +hit). But if we can take the cake - sky is limit for dps right now.
    So all in all, get 7,5% exp, 8+ hit, Crit>STR >>>>Mast>>>>Hit>/haste. Don't haste misses on larger scale nor miss rage from autoattack whilst on Battle Stance (that's the reason You are on that Stance on first place -or not?

PS. (edited).

Simple verion for stats mop:

CRIT -determines how often your main buff proccs ( Enrage )
    MASTERY -determines how much bonus DMG u do whilst enraged ( Mastery link doesnt work, but example 15% mastery gives 15% increased physical damage while enraged)
    HIT - You get the extra dmg while procced from those above on special hits always. But on these first tiers your dmg strongly depends on your white hits aswell, same on later tiers when those 2 above get stronger, so overall white dmg will be strong. Meaning we dont have the gear for high hit atm but favouring it as we gear isn't bad option.
    Last edited by Kani; 09-11-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Ouch my English, it bleeds.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Auto-run on Kologarn makes you bleed more <3. Soz from Finland
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mHe6FMs46o

Quote Originally Posted by Kani View Post
    wich means u get 3 swings on flurry after proc meaning u need 33% crit min to keep it always up as average.
    Always and average are mutually exclusive concepts. And even with 99% crit you will not always keep Flurry up, because of refresh clipping.

I would also suggest that you learn the proper spelling of the words "you", "your" and well ... basicly half of what you have written.
    Maybe this link may provide some aid in that department.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Keeping Flurrry up was essential, structure body built for your rotation, anything and everything you built your gear around. 33% on average if u make infinte amounts of hits, gaussian spread; practically 40+ crit you needed on 9 mins boss fight spank.
    First things first^^ Practical numbers depend on gear you can get. Numbers matter little against loot lists, specially if those are bad^^

PS. Only thing we can built on with stats prio is hoping infinite long fights making stats do some prio. On short fights you can never tell wich stat is better over one. You can get crit row simultaneusly when you just happened to blow all ur CD:s. If you didn't crit any, then maybe STR is your best friend on sheet at that moment. One is always better then the other on short burst boss fights, wich most encounters are today -sadly. In long run It's all about averages hence it's cool to built towards some prio but not taking it too seriuosly. Usually at some point of every new expansion you might find yourself with Ilvl of gear where there is kind of brake point with stats after you are good inaf versus mechanics to make rotation trivial. At that point it means dull rotation but little bit under is the point the game should keep it at all the times to keep the game intresting. I got good feeling about this expansion since we are not stacking 1 or 2 stats but way more.
    Last edited by Kani; 12-23-2012 at 03:06 PM.

U is a letter. You is a word. There is a difference. Even in Finland there are grammar rules. I'm sure that you know how to use them. If you want to be understood, and have your advice taken seriously, then you need to write as if you are an expert. What you have been doing is writing as if you're a lazy 3rd grade dropout (which I'm sure you're not).

I'm sorry and edited few things on post/replys. This post was originally copy/pasted from semicasual raiding guild warrior forum where I posted the idea on for more experienced and for socials who might lvl up an fury warrior as an alt.
    I'm sorry if I hurt any feelings in a process ;(
    Last edited by Kani; 01-04-2013 at 11:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread