+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot-Warrior LF Gem/Reforge confirmation

Prot-Warrior LF Gem/Reforge confirmation

I am sorry to bother you folks, but I have a request. It feels like my gems/reforges are starting to get crazy and I feel like I may have made a mistake. You know those times when you realize you are in a dark hole and getting out is near impossible?

Please, at your leasure look at my armory and help me with gems/reforges.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Pruke/simple

Ideally you should be hit capped (7.5%) without gemming hit, so that you can use stam hybrid gems in blue sockets. I deally you want to reach the expertise hard cap (15%) after that, you will probably need to gem expertise; do not be afraid to gem pure expertise in red sockets and hybrid expertise/mastery gems in yellow sockets, after those two caps you get dump everything else into mastery or stamina. theres an exp glove enchant, and a hit cloak enchant that could be useful.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Thank you for the advice, I have changed the two enchants and redone some of my gems. For blue gems I went for accurate (hit/exp) because loosing the exp changing to a puissant didnt make sense (to me at least). I am still not at the 15% hard cap for expertise unless I reforge differently? Which maybe the way to go. Would it be wise to change reforges from say mastery to expertise to get to the hard cap?

Yes, get the hard cap. You don't have to use puissant in blues, you can use Guardian (exp/stam) and thus not sacrifice expertise. Ideally you want to get your Hit cap from reforging as you can't reforge to stamina, but you can reforge to Hit, and as both Hit and Stamina are Blue, they are mutually exclusive when gemming.
    Harsh Words and Steel: A Protection Warrior Guide
    MoP RPS Calculator

Hunters, Just get a Sporebat, most LFRs will be missing that buff.

Thanks again Teng for your advice. I have made all the changes I could to get where you suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    Yes, get the hard cap. You don't have to use puissant in blues, you can use Guardian (exp/stam) and thus not sacrifice expertise. Ideally you want to get your Hit cap from reforging as you can't reforge to stamina, but you can reforge to Hit, and as both Hit and Stamina are Blue, they are mutually exclusive when gemming.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=76655 You can gem hit/stam in blue or yellow if you want. I think I still got all of mine from reforging anyway, but ended up going mastery/stam in blue, mastery/exp in yellow and exp/stam or straight stam in blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

+ Reply to Thread