+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need Satrina Buff Frames replaced

I need Satrina Buff Frames replaced

I need a replacement for that addon because it's great, except when it throws a fit when I heal on my priest. My focus frame just simply flooded my screen with bars and I couldn't see anything nor click-to-heal my tank for all the bars, and they weren't buffs or debuffs either, just straight up bar graphics all over the place

I like using it to track renew and weakened soul for my tank on my priest, and on mage I use it in conjunction with a macro to track my sheep.

And since Satrina left, the guy he left in charge of the addon does not maintain it, does not even acknowledge that there is a problem even though my swatter is always surpressing SBF error messages and telling me in my chat box that the error was from, Satrina buff frame. I've even viewed these messages later, copied them, pasted them into messages to the new maintainer, and he does absolutely nothing.
    "Listen up, baddies" was the first three words those 3 from the same guild on another server said to us. We later wiped on trash.....twice.

You can use Weak Auras - there's no comparison between the two addons. Of course you have to set up Weak Auras, but it will do exactly what you tell it to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzqf6WEpUU0&feature=plcp

This guy has a several part You Tube video for Weak Auras.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    Best bet also is find 2-3 healers you know to q with and tell them to forget everyone else and just keep you alive.

Elkano's Buff Bars is working fine also, for a more direct replacement.
    "he doens't need healing, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't nee-WHAOSHIT!wtf was that man!". Please stop leaning on TDR. -Teng

Raven is working as well. Bit complicated to set up but works quite well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by STBU View Post
    I like using it to track renew and weakened soul for my tank on my priest,
    those should be quite easy to track on your raid frames, and then you can track it on everyone (not just the tank). i use vuhdo when healing and it's very, very easy to see.

raven is good for buff/deubff/cooldown bars (or icons).

Just started playing again and SBF was one of the first things I went to try and download. =\

try elk's buff bars
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Elk's is good, trustworthy and simple. I use it for my personal buffs and debuffs and the occasional buff on the boss that I want displayed in plain sight away from anything else that I might confuse at a very quick glance.
    If you want something more customizable, or something to blare in your face (and ears) if one of your buffs lapse, i'd say pick up weak-auras. It is definitely worth learning to use in the short and long run.

That post necro though!

That's OK, I'm necro too! :P
    I was hoping for some top secret Tankspot link to a working version. =\ I've used Elks before too giving that a shot.

+ Reply to Thread