+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Legendary - Breaking the First Rule

Legendary - Breaking the First Rule

Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

I realise the legendary cast is bad at math, but Olivia calling the VP v JP gear upgrade worse is just pants on head retarded, "with the VP one you have to do it twice", yes - but you can do it once in situations you wouldn't with jp.

If you have 750 JP, you can't do anything.
    If you have 750 VP, you can upgrade one thing.
    Likewise, you can split the VP and upgrade 2 items by 4 points if you feel the need.

Bear the VP cap in mind - with 1k a week it's perfectly reasonable to be in a situation where you don't have enough VP for the full 1500 vp it would take to upgrade an item to the max. Would you rather be sat waiting 2 weeks to get your 8pt ilevel increase, or get a 4pt increase in 1 week and the other 4 the next?

I can understand saying VP don't have a big enough advantage, but the advantage is there, albeit small, and certainly not a disadvantage like Olivia suggests.

The system makes sense.

It's exactly the same net reward for both justice and valor points, the only difference being that the valor upgrade is done in two steps.

The system does not make sense. It is, more than likely, just placeholder values.

My guess on why Blizzard didn't expect the reaction to Brawler's guild is that in their minds it is a completely distinct concept from what should be the more significant feature which will be Proving Grounds.

The thing about brawler's guild that nobody brought up is that it seems to be the same for every spec/class - so without seeing any of the fights i'm pretty sure going in my blood dk is going to do just a bit better than my assassination rogue at solo PVE content. WIth a major feature BLizzard can't just shrug that off and say 'oh well we're not going to bother with balancing it'. WIth some minor feature they can. Proving grounds will presumably be tailored to the spec and is intended to be that major feature that makes more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    It's exactly the same net reward for both justice and valor points, the only difference being that the valor upgrade is done in two steps.

The system does not make sense. It is, more than likely, just placeholder values.
    Yes, it's the same net upgrade. I don't dispute that.

But the ability to upgrade an item by 4 ilevels when you don't have the currency for the full 8 is an advantage. As is the ability to split the upgrade if you don't want to put all of your eggs in one basket (unlikely, but hey - maybe there's a situation where it's mathematically advantageous).

If you have VP capped for the week with your 1k cap but have a raid on a monday, you can still upgrade an item 4ilevels.
    If you have 1k JP before the raid, you can't do any upgrades.

You do not get a better car, but you can pay for that car in 2 weekly installments if you don't have the full amount of cash on hand, instead of waiting another week to buy your car when your next paycheck comes through.

Is the advantage big enough? Maybe not, but to deny it's there is narrow minded - not something I'm used to associating with you, but hey - maybe it's just me.

Oh I fully agree that there's an advantage to having it be a two-step process with valor points. I just think the whole set of numbers isn't really worth putting too much thought into at the moment since there's a fairly high chance they're going to change.

01:07:00 Damn, Blizzard giving people stuff do do in an MMORPG. I want an MMORPG where I don't have to do stuff.

Legal gambling or illegal would open to much more scurtiny in ratings, In australia it would be close to be banned if that was the case as gambling is a big isue here atm

+ Reply to Thread